Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
The Role and Team you will be a part of:
As an Operations Strategy Associate, you will be a part of the team responsible for the operational performance of the delivery network in Hong Kong, encompassing reliability, availability, and efficiency. We work to ensure we have the right number of riders on the road in the right place at the right time, balancing between the rider’s experience of working with Deliveroo and the customer’s delivery experience.
What you will do:
- Use analytics and derived insights to improve efficiency within the delivery network
- Monitor the health of the delivery network through various service metrics, and maintain the balance between rider supply and customer demand
- Deep dive into geographical and restaurant data to optimize operations at a targeted level
- Reviewing key restaurant brands and providing data-driven recommendations to reduce order rejections and restaurant delays
- Cross department collaboration by providing data backed recommendations, which drive platform-wide priorities and goals
- Participate in rider engagement events as well as periodic rider shifts to stay in touch with our Deliveroo riders’ sentiment and community
What skills are we looking for?
- 3 years of experience
- Analytical and Strategic Thinking - able to review large data sets to extract relevant information to identify key opportunities and challenges
- High degree of autonomy - able to scope a project, collect resources and work with relevant stakeholders, and finally deliver impactful results within deadline
- Effective communicator - able to present ideas in a clear and concise manner to relevant stakeholders
- Proficiency and experienced in data analytics; SQL is preferred
- Fluency in Cantonese and English (written and oral) to communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing start-ups around.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.