About the Role:
We’re searching for an experienced People Leader who is passionate about all things ‘People’ and who can manage and lead our People function in APAC.You will be a considered leader who can help create a dynamic, inclusive, fun culture but ensure we’re compliant as we grow things quickly. Your advisory skills will be exceptional - you will inspire managers and the senior leadership to motivate their teams to build awesome things.
You’ll be an integral part of the leadership team you support, and will partner closely with both local and global specialist teams to design and execute your people strategy.You will support the roll out of global and cyclical programmes but ensure they are suitable/adapted for the local team, as needed.Finally, you will be coaching leaders through an exciting time of growth for Deliveroo, hence your ability to establish your personal and functional credibility and to build strong working relationships acting as a trusted advisor will be key.Please note candidates for this role, you are required to be fluent in both Cantonese & English, proficiency in Mandarin is also highly advantageous.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll lead the facilitation and management of all people programs rollout within your market (performance/compensation reviews, succession planning, employee engagement surveys etc)
- Partner with senior leaders on how to develop and implement the right people and organisational solutions to execute against the country strategy
- Provide guidance on workforce planning, including on headcount planning and budgeting in close collaboration with the recruitment team..
- Consult with leaders on org design, ensuring that we design org structures that drive the intended business outcomes.
- Ability to take a long term perspective, advise on organisational challenges, and offer solutions and drive implementation
- Collaborate with the Global People Operations Leads on strategic Global initiatives
- Prepare presentations and data/insights analysis working with other People Team members and subject matter experts as required
- Develop and deliver learning programs for our people in collaboration with our Global L&D team. You’ll equip managers with the tools and knowledge to conduct performance reviews, provide effective feedback and help them develop their coaching skills.
- Keep abreast of market trends as they relate to compensation and benefits
- Be a strong culture add!
- Manage a team of HR Professionals, as well as managing HR issues hands-on
- Serve as a trusted advisor and coach to senior management
- Lead the facilitation and management of all people programs rollout within your market (performance reviews, engagement surveys etc)
- Take a broad / long term perspective and proactively identify complex organizational challenges and think systemically. Identify and offer multiple creative solutions and drive implementation
- Prepare presentations and data/insights analysis working with other HRBPs and subject matter experts as required
- Develop and deliver learning programs for our people. You’ll equip managers with the tools and knowledge to conduct performance reviews, provide effective feedback and help them develop their coaching skills.
- Handle sensitive people issues without guidance; presents strong recommendation for input when guidance is needed, and is familiar with local labour laws
- Develop processes to improve collaboration with other counterparts (e.g. legal, finance, internal global people teams) to ensure best outcomes.
Skill and qualifications you’ll need:
- 8-10 years of working experience, a minimum of 6 years of experience in HR business partnering
- Fluent in Cantonese and English
- Experience should include a focus on performance management and talent/team development, organizational design and change management, leadership coaching, people driven programs and data and insights analysis/presentations
- Must have demonstrated effective multitasking and project management skills
- Must have strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills and be able to build relationships at all levels of the organization. You will be partnering with a complex set of stakeholders to drive organizational change
- Able to use Sheets to develop compelling analyses and can tell a story from insights in a clear Slides presentation.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in fast pace and challenging environments
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and business acumen
- Keen to continue learning and developing their skills, having a growth mindset
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, butWe offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, wellbeing, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing businesses in a rapidly growing industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that disabled people may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments , please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.