We are looking for a Finance & Strategy Associate to join our Finance & Strategy team based in our Hong Kong office.The Finance & Strategy Associate will help solve the most critical problems for the business using strategic financial analysis to shape our strategy to grow our market share whilst achieving our financial targets. You will take a company-wide perspective and work across all teams and functions to execute projects and initiatives, build frameworks and support the implementation of high impact projects. You must have excellent personal and communication skills and be able to build cross-functional relationships with key senior stakeholders and teams to achieve goals, while enforcing accountability.
This is a unique opportunity for a problem solver and strategic thinker, to get great exposure in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. The role will see you lend support to all teams and playing the role of an internal strategy consultant. We are looking for a critical thinker to conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive our commercial business decisions & lead key projects. You will be instrumental in identifying opportunities to improve our operating model and in designing pragmatic solutions to the challenges we face.
You will be working in the Finance & Strategy team with significant exposure to the Leadership Team. You will work closely with the local functional teams (commercial, operations, marketing, etc.) as well as Central and Product teams.
You will look after various projects and initiatives for the Hong Kong market and challenge the way we do things, driving innovation forward. Responsibilities include:
- Work on the planning of different elements of the business strategy, including quarterly and annual planning
- Support the F&S team with the quarterly and annual reforecasting / budgeting process as well as ongoing KPI tracking/pacing
- Support the monthly review process including reviewing financial performance, managing risks, and identifying new opportunities
- Track performance and produce analytical reports for management review
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to design the right strategies and inform investment decisions
- Support end-to-end projects from design all the way through to implementation and work towards our long-term success
- Work on cross-functional projects and initiatives with key stakeholders across teams
- Understand and influence the underlying drivers of performance to help drive the top and bottom line
- Build relationships with key stakeholders across Hong Kong as well as HQ teams
- 3 years of relative work experience.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Advanced excel and powerpoint skills; SQL would be a plus
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Experience of managing complex projects with multiple senior stakeholders
- Ability to sniff out, chase and proactively solve complex problems without much guidance
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it. We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation. We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.