We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three-sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real-time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
We’re a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Deliveroo’s Commercial Team manages the partnership with our Restaurant and Grocery partners. Using data-driven insights and our Deliveroo-created tools, we help our partners increase their revenue and improve their operations on our platform. We are a group of dynamic team players who work hard together to achieve a common goal, but ensure that we have fun doing it. If you love the food scene and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace, this is the place for you!
The Commercial Intern will report directly to the country Business Operations & Strategy lead. The role will focus on supporting data analytics initiatives from local priorities and also from our central global team. The nature of the initiatives and projects is to drive performance for our restaurant partners through our commercial organization. The objective of the Business Operation & Strategy function is to deliver strategic actionable insights to achieve our company goals and objectives.
- Collecting, compiling, organizing and analyzing data on restaurants and consumers to help drive data-driven decisions.
- Build dashboards, trackers and/or models to improve business performance and operational excellence.
- Working with cross-functional departments on requirements gathering, and coordinating efforts within the Commercial Leadership teams to drive business growth (Account Management, Restaurant Operations, Marketing, Operations, Customer Service, Corporate).
- Conceptualizing, strategizing and operationalizing key projects and initiatives for the Commercial team.
- Ad-hoc tasks relevant to the Commercial team’s requirements
- Background in a quantitative field such as computer science, mathematics/statistics, data science/analytics, economics or other similar areas would be preferred.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets are required. Familiarity with programming languages and know-how for analytics e.g. Python, R, etc. is preferred but not required.
- Experience with data dashboards and/or data visualisation tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau) is a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail, people skills and organisation skills.
- An interest in food is great here. It’s a place to unleash the foodie in you.
- You must be a self-starter as we’ll look for you to manage your own time and priorities here.
- Able to commit for 6 months preferred.
After this internship, you will
- Have increased your analytical ability and communication skills with relevant industry experience in the tech and data analytics field;
- Have gained knowledge about the importance of data-driven insights in a highly competitive, fast-paced, and cutting edge business;
- Have gained a deep understanding of the dynamics of the Food and Delivery Industry in Singapore / APAC
- Know what it entails to work in a fast-paced scale-up environment with a dynamic international team with varying backgrounds and experiences.