Director - Groceries
As the Head of Grocery, you will be a critical leader within a key business unit. The desired candidate will be a great senior operator with responsibility for growing a significant portion of Deliveroo’s revenue. Your role will be commercially focused, however you will work cross-functionally with teams including Operations, Marketing and Product to ensure success.
More specifically you will:
- Execute the strategic vision and develop the operational plans for ODC across UAE
- Overall ownership and management of the grocery business to ensure we hit revenue and profit targets. Achieve financial and growth targets with an understanding of how to trade off commercial, marketing and operational levers
- Own the quarterly planning process and work with the HQ Strategy & Finance team to develop accurate forecasting, monitoring and reporting
- Work closely with the Commercial, Marketing & central functions to deliver on grocery priorities in UAE
- Liaising with our Operations and Marketing teams to drive efficiencies, improve customer outcomes and accelerate revenue growth
The role requires a strategic mindset, strong analytical skills and management experience with a track record of exceeding financial targets as well as:
- Background 7+ years working in commercial focused roles with P&L responsibility, ideally with a strong understanding of the grocery industry in UAE.
- Have a vast track record of performance and delivering on budget and against a long term strategy.
- Deep understanding of P&L statements and an ability to trade-off between line items.
- Commercial & Marketing Acumen - deep knowledge of industry trends, competition, best practices, and other factors that affect profitability and business success. Able to rapidly understand how our business operates, makes money and sustains profitable growth.
- Executional Excellence - you’ve achieved clear customer, commercial and financial results with a strong resilient entrepreneurial spirit.
- Customer Obsessed - understand and connect with our customers. Believe in our ability to create services and products which address this and have the customers best interest at heart.
- Tactical & Strategic - able to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’ via understanding the dynamics, interdependencies and implications of decisions.
- Comfortable with Ambiguity & Autonomy - happy to be pointed at problems and work out how to solve them. You don't require micro-management to be successful - you have a can do / will do attitude.
- Stakeholder Management - engaging, informing, and gaining the support of various stakeholders. Taking time to collaborate and build relationships; earning the respect and trust of others within the organisation through strong emotional intelligence.
- Resourceful - constantly look for creative ways to make the most of the resources we have. Throw tenacity, brainpower, teamwork and collaboration at problems, not money and extra heads. Think like an entrepreneur.
- Upbeat, confident & high energy - you bring freshness, energy and passion into the team. Help create a working environment that is unique, spawns new ideas and is enjoyable for the other people involved.
- Solid experience with an operating business and understand how to performance manage teams.
Benefits and Diversity
- 25 days of Annual Holiday Leave
- Smart Working options - for working from home and from abroad
- Work visa
- Comprehensive medical insurance (for employee & dependents)
- Annual home flight tickets (for employee only)
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Maternity & Paternity benefits
- End of year parties & regular social events
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.