As the scale and complexity of Deliveroo grows, we’re looking for a passionate Senior Commercial Strategy Manager to join our expanding Pricing & Value team. We are a central team with a very large impact, aiming to answer some of the most interesting questions out there around how to monetise our business while improving our value for money perception.
Consumer pricing is right at the heart of the strategic direction of our global business - you will not only have the opportunity to oversee projects end-to-end but collaborate across multiple departments and geographies in the process. At the same time, we need to enhance and communicate with our customers the value that we deliver.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll lead on multiple strategic programs as our business continues to evolve: from refining our pricing models across all offerings (e.g. grocery deliveries, pick-up to determining how to provide better value for money for our consumers. Your success will require building excellent working relationships across Deliveroo, and becoming an important player in our Pricing & Value area: a team composed of pricing business owners, product managers, engineers and data scientists who jointly set their goals and work together to achieve them.
What you’ll do:
- Work with Data Science to improve our processes and algorithms that produce recommendations across Deliveroo’s markets and local neighbourhoods. Develop the consumer pricing framework and principles for new service lines (Grocery, Pick-up)
- Identify potential changes to our product to improve the Value perception of the service we offer to our customers
- Work with the Rider (Delivery) function on how consumer demand and rider supply can align better
- Work with the Restaurant and Grocery functions to understand how food/item prices impact customer decisions
- Work with broader pricing and data science team to upgrade our market intelligence dashboards
- Work with user research and comms teams to build communication strategies around new value propositions
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years experience working in a Commercial, Consulting and / or Strategy role
- Comfortable working with data to build business proposals; analyse and visualise data to identify insights and opportunities; take a creative and analytical approach to solving problems
- Experience communicating to senior partners and both internal and external audiences
- Experience partnering with teams both globally and locally
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, as they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the fastest growing industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space.