At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
The Rider Engagement team sits within the UKI Operations department and is focused on improving the experience of our riders, restaurants and customers through obtaining, understanding and acting on rider feedback and insights.
As a Rider Engagement Associate you'll spend your time meeting with and talking to riders - whether that's at events or on the phone. You'll be helping them understand the best ways to work with Deliveroo and collecting feedback about how we can improve all parts of the rider experience.
You'll be getting to the root of the interactions between riders, restaurants and customers by holding events and focus groups with riders, calling riders to understand their point of view, and building relationships with riders across the UK and Ireland.
Specifically, your role will involve the following responsibilities and you will need to:
- Monitor rider sentiment and operational metrics across UK & Ireland, report and contribute to a strategy for engagement
- Run in person events with riders in the United Kingdom and Ireland
- Work closely with stakeholders and external partners to launch key rider engagement projects in various markets
- Report on the effectiveness of rider events and engagement initiatives against KPIs, and share rider feedback with internal stakeholders to drive future engagement priorities
- Plan and execute rider events across United Kingdom and Ireland, gathering rider feedback and ensuring riders have the knowledge and support to complete deliveries safely
- Own initiatives from ideation to completion, implementing innovative campaigns to increase rider engagement and retention while testing and learning to optimise existing programs
- Build relationships with external stakeholders, including local councils and authorities to find opportunities to improve rider frustrations through collaborative engagement efforts
- Bachelor degree or equivalent working experience in relevant positions
- A self-starter attitude that’s able to quickly adapt to changing processes and priorities
- Ability to influence and work with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A proven ability to organise successful events
- An empathetic attitude: you know how to listen and collect feedback effectively
- Strong organisation skills and experience running events and/or focus groups
- Willing and be able to travel regularly for rider events and meetings across the United Kingdom and Ireland
- Portuguese speaker preferred
*Please note this role requires travel across UK&I and you will be offsite for an average of 3 days a week*
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.