When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders, across several countries, rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Procurement’s role is to support Deliveroo in the delivery of increased profit and growth via a well managed and sustainable supplier base.
Reporting to the Head of Category, the role of Procurement Manager offers a rare opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest growing tech start-ups at a very exciting stage. The right candidate will support the build of our procurement function from a small but effective team; to a department responsible for circa £650m of cross-functional spend.
What you would be doing
This is a Global role, operating from London HQ, which would involve a wide-range of activity, including:
- Own sub-categories of spend, responsible for defining and aligning strategies and execution across key stakeholders,
- Own important supplier relationships and lead on negotiations to secure the best possible value for money for Deliveroo
- Proactively manage internal stakeholder engagement and communications with suppliers
- Play a key role in the development of strong supplier relationship management across the business
- Supporting innovation and delivery of Deliveroo’s ESG goals through identification and research into potential new suppliers
- Analysis and continual monitoring of 3rd party spend and contract status across the categories
- Responsible for monitoring and managing third party risk in your category
- Contribute to the design and implementation of a high-performing source to pay process
What do you need to bring to the table?
- 5+ years experience in related procurement roles
- Strong stakeholder engagement with excellent communication skills
- An ability to influence, build stakeholder relationships and become a trusted advisor to the business
- Be a self-starter with a great eye for detail and a proven ability to generate new innovative ideas to drive value across the group
- Ability to interpret complex data from various sources accurately and at pace
- Inquisitive with demonstrable experience in solving complex problems
- Flexible, adaptable and comfortable working with ambiguity
- Willingness to roll your sleeves up - we never say “that is not my job”
- Degree qualified
- MCIPs qualified or working towards
- Experienced working in (or with) fast-paced start-ups
Your Role Specific Experience (desirable):
- 3+ years experience in property, services and fit out
- Demonstrable knowledge of buying utilities including risk management methods
- Experience in nearshore v offshore analysis, planning and execution.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgment when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around