This is a brand new role working within the new and developing Procurement organisation of Deliveroo that also offers a rare opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest growing tech start-ups at a very exciting stage.
The right candidate will be able to build Operational Goods and Services Procurement (which includes all property & property services, supply chain, rider kit, etc. spend) with a responsibility for working closely with a broad range of colleagues to manage a high profile external spend of circa £300m per annum that is critical to our success and growth plans. We will be looking for the individual to bring expertise in this broad category area regards supply base, shaping the category, creating appropriate relationships with key suppliers and being a key ‘Business Partner’ within Deliveroo.
What you would be doing
This is a Global role, operating from HQ, which would involve leading Operational Goods and Service Procurement in driving cost, quality, supply and sustainability improvements through strategic category management and sourcing activities, including supplier relationship management, vendor consolidation and purchase compliance across the group.
- Be part of developing, implementing and then advocating the procurement strategy for the Group
- Driving continuous improvement, best value and quality partnerships with suppliers, contributing to spend targets and KPIs.
- Manage a small team of Procurement professionals.
- Working collaboratively with the Finance and Legal teams to ensure compliance within the Operational Goods and Services areas.
- Oversee the development of key, strategic relationships and our most valuable negotiations with Operational Goods and Services suppliers
- Influencing and building relationships across the category and through this becoming a trusted advisor and ‘critical friend’ to the COO exec and senior management.
What do you need to bring to the table?
- A minimum of 10 years of procurement experience, which includes at least three years of building and managing teams
- An ability to think creatively; identifying and solving problems.
- Can demonstrate successful results in managing operational goods and services procurement activity including sourcing, supplier management and building value-driving category plans.
- Experienced at working in (or with) fast-paced start-ups, with some global procurement exposure
- Proven negotiation ability and be able to lean on this both externally and internally to find creative solutions to driving value with also building quality partnerships
- Flexible, adaptable and comfortable working with ambiguity
- Have excellent communication skills
- Extremely strong relationship building both with key suppliers and stakeholders
- Be a self-starter willing to “get your hands dirty”
- Be able to manage risk and prioritise appropriately
- Degree or equivalent qualified.
- MCIPS Qualification is desirable, but not essential