Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you’ll be doing…
This role is a great opportunity to get exposure to a high-paced startup and lead the sales initiative for Hong Kong. The business development team are the backbone of our business, the hunters who are out there in the weeds constantly eating food and signing up the best new restaurants in town to partner with us. This is a role for a bright, motivated, organised self starter to develop their sales career for a leading company within its market sector.
- Prospect, pitch and close new restaurants in the territory via cold calls, walk ins, and in person meeting
- Prepare sales and pitch materials to communicate with potential restaurant partners
- Ensure the restaurants are on boarded and set up for success on the Deliveroo platform
- Exceed ambitious volume & quality targets while maintaining a solid pipeline of restaurant partners
- Support on the strategy, creation and execution of sales initiatives to drive performance
Skills you’ll need…
- 1-3 years of working experience, ideally in an environment where you have to deal with multiple clients
- Self-driven, with a proven sales record, ideally having worked with restaurants in the past
- You must be comfortable with targeting new business
- Strong communication skills whether it be face to face, through phone or email
- Ability to persuasively demonstrate product and industry knowledge to clients
- Be tenacious and motivated by targets
- Strong commercial acumen and desire to innovate and find new ways to grow the business
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Monthly Monday breakfast & Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Monthly gym allowance
- Additional leave days for years of service
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late