Head of People, Italy
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
About the Role:
We’re searching for a caring and experienced senior HR professional who is passionate about all things ‘People’ and who can help us scale quickly and effectively across Italy.
In this senior HR Generalist role, you'll lead the local HR team and partner with the Global People Team in London, to support the roll out of global programs but ensure they are suitable/adapted for the local team and contribute to a growing and scaling people strategy.
You will be someone who can help create a dynamic, inclusive, fun culture but ensure we’re compliant as we grow things quickly.
As the People Expert in your Market, you'll be supporting the business through attraction of top talent, helping develop great careers, building tools to increase performance and creating an environment where people feel personally connected to delivering the Deliveroo purpose and can do their best work.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the People lifecycle and put in place a People Plan that is aligned with Deliveroo’s business strategy and goals.
- Partner with local and global senior leaders on how to develop and implement the right people and organisational solutions to meet company and department strategy
- Lead the facilitation and management of all people programs roll out within your market (performance/compensation reviews, employee engagement surveys)
- Deliver a fantastic people experience in your market
- Grow engagement programs that build upon our vision to be the best place to work, making sure action plans are in place to lead positive change
- Contribute to the development of new policies and procedures, ensuring they are understood and embedded both within the wider HR team and business
- Identify operational issues and propose solutions.
- Advocate for a development led culture where everyone is clear on how they can achieve success in their role and how they’re evaluated and can develop.
- Focus on line manager capability. Up-skill managers with the tools and knowledge to manage performance and get the best out of their employees, including setting goals, conducting performance reviews, coaching managers and promoting a feedback culture.
- Provide guidance on workforce planning, including headcount planning and budgeting
- Consult with leaders on organisational design, ensuring that we design our teams to support Global, local and individual objectives
- Strategic planning for long-term goals, anticipating challenges, developing solutions and implementation of new initiatives
- Prepare presentations and analyse data/insights to provide leaders with insights that can inform our decisions, organisational structure and HR projects.
- Develop and deliver learning programs for our people - both in collaboration with our Global centre of excellence and designing courses locally
- Manage a team of HR & facilities professionals
- Oversee payroll processes and stay informed about market trends as they relate to compensation and benefits
Experience and Qualifications:
- 8+ years in HR Business Partnering roles with experience in a similar paced industry
- Commercial Awareness: partnering at the senior commercial level
- Analytical: able to use people data to gain insights and make factually backed recommendations to the commercial leadership team
- Previous experience leading programs on performance management, talent development, employee engagement, and leadership coaching
- Collaborative at the senior leadership and C-suite level
- Keen to continue learning and developing their skills, having a growth mindset
- Comfortable switching between operational and strategic HR
- Knowledge of Italian labor laws & regulations
- Experience with Workday
- [Must have] Fluent in written and verbal English & Italian
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.