Network Engineer - Enterprise Technology APAC
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
About the Role:
The Deliveroo Enterprise Technology team conceives, designs, builds and sustains the IT services powering Deliveroo’s internal teams globally, as we transform the way customers eat. We continually drive service improvements and love to automate everything we can on our journey towards reliability.
We fully embrace the Cloud and don’t currently run our own Data Centre. As a Network Engineer, you will be responsible for proactively improving our Networking environments, facilitating delivery of business projects and providing feedback and support to adhere to Service Levels. Your support, systems engineering and automation skills will be challenged and appreciated daily.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Be an advocate representing individuals and groups of users to ensure our fellow Deliveroo colleagues receive the best possible IT experience.
- Engage in improving the whole lifecycle of Network services—from inception and design, through to engineering, deployment, with primary focus upon reliable operations.
- Wireless network design, planning, testing and surveying
- Configuration management of Firewalls, Switches and Wireless network hardware
- Resolve operational incidents and requests rapidly and proactively improve our network environments to avoid & mitigate incidents. Domains include office-based networking and Deliveroo Editions, our delivery-only kitchens business.
- Participate in the team’s on-call rota
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring indicators such as availability, ticket trends, and overall service health against SLOs.
- Optimise systems sustainably through mechanisms including Python automation and API self-service, and evolve services by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Create and maintain quality documentation and records using IPAM and Confluence
- Assist the team with documentation of the network and ensure that everything is up to date
- Support the business as 3rd line escalation for support issues related to networks
- Ensure the network and network systems are up to date and meet security requirements.
- Assist with Projects to build new and existing sites. Work with the team to create a HLD/LLD where required
- A proven track record of success as a Network Engineer especially comfortable with wireless.
- A methodical and logical approach to problem-solving with a sense of ownership
- Driven, self-starter without requiring close supervision, collaborative, comfortable adapting to change and learning quickly in a dynamic organisation.
- Recent non-trivial coding experience with confidence in at least one programming language - preferably Python.
- In-depth engineering experience with some of the following technologies:
- Juniper and/or Cisco wired and wifi
- Fortigate and Juniper Firewalls
- Detailed knowledge of 802.11 protocol stack and excellent understanding of networking fundamentals such as the OSI Model and TCP/IP stack,DHCP and DNS.
- Routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP
- Extensive troubleshooting experience (including when under pressure) including packet capture and analysis
- Experience dealing with vendors and comparing commercial offers.
- Relevant higher education and professional certifications such as CCNP, CWDP, CWAP, JNCIP-ENT, JNCIP-SEC, Fortigate NEC4
We’re also interested in…
- Experience of successfully working in a technology-led business.
- Exposure to any of the following:
- Extreme Networks
- Linux Administration
- Windows server Administration
- Other Network vendors not listed
- Experience in creating insightful dashboards
- Exposure to Agile, DevOps, SDLC, ITIL and SRE.
- CCNA, JNCIA, JCNIS-ENT
Benefits And Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgment when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.