Senior ServiceNow Engineer - Enterprise Technology (ET)
About the Role:
The Deliveroo Enterprise Technology team conceives, designs, builds and sustains the internal tech services powering Deliveroo’s internal teams globally, as we transform the way customers eat. We continually drive service improvements and love to deliver great employee experiences through automation, self-service and partnership.
As a Senior ServiceNow Engineer you will be responsible, with others in the ServiceNow team, for the successful implementation, ongoing management and continual enhancement of the ServiceNow platform in order to realise fantastic employee experiences.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Consult with internal requesters (IT, Information Security, potentially HR and others) and business customers and senior stakeholders on the ServiceNow platform, its modules and interfaces
- Gather requirements and scope out projects with the rest of the team and alongside the ServiceNow Business Analysts
- Verify the requirements with the platform's OOB functionality, performing gap analysis and proposing additional platform OOB modules if necessary
- Designing and developing medium to complex software solutions both independently and as part of a team
- Writing, contributing to and reviewing relevant design documentation
- Estimate effort for all customisations, integrations, configurations and development work
- Leading the work of other engineers, breaking down project and guiding design and implementation choices
- Hands-on implementation, coding, configuration, scripting and app development
- Aligning to best practices for configuration on ServiceNow platform and aligning to internal coding standards
- Peer reviewing and testing as part of quality assurance practices
- Responsible for technical documentation, including taking the lead on the definition of technical standards and governance
- Ensure system architecture supports business scalability and strategies, and can meet audit, compliance and security requirements
- Provide advice and guidance to get the most out of the platform and learn about the latest features
- Serve as the primary point of contact for support, administration, and maintenance of the ServiceNow platform and associated applications
- Review and modify existing ServiceNow CMDB patterns as needed.
- Develop integrations with other applications to support core data load and process automation
- Lead in the implementing, configuration and maintenance of interfaces and integrations for gathering, populating, and maintaining CMDB data
- Creating and configuring of reports, dashboards, schedules, access, permissions, credentials and other operational activities or outputs associated with discovery functions
- Enable, configure and operate discovery of new and existing components and provide automated population of CMDB data by ensuring identification and reconciliation rules
- Providing technical feedback that is constructive and actionable
- Participating in on-call for production issues that may occur outside of standard working hours
- You live and breathe ServiceNow.
- Outstanding ability and experience in developing and implementing ITSM/ITIL and ITOM processes and solutions, with a deep process/functional and technical understanding of the CMDB and CSDM model
- Extensive knowledge and experience of using ServiceNow at scale, at other large, global enterprises.
- Experience of either Security Incident Response or HR Service Delivery modules.
- ServiceNow Certifications for System Administrator and Certified Implementation Specialist for ITSM, ServiceNow Application Developer as a minimum
- Excellent interpersonal skills combined with practice establishing and maintaining credibility as a ServiceNow expert
- ITIL Foundation
- Excellent spoken and written Business English
- Experience of working in a global organisation
We’re also interested in…
- Familiarity with Agile, DevOps, SDLC, and SRE ways of working