About the Role:
The Enterprise Technology Engineering & Operations team conceives and builds the IT services powering Deliveroo's teams globally, as we transform the way customers eat. We promote service improvements and work to automate everything we can on our journey towards customer delight.
As the Service Desk Shift Lead you will work as part of the 24/7 global Operations Team, with a focus upon leading front-line real-time support for Deliveroo colleagues needing IT assistance. The team's main objective is to delight our Deliveroo colleagues by ensuring daily incidents, problems and user requests are addressed promptly, and that services are running reliably, securely and are improved.
The Service Desk partners with other Enterprise Tech teams and departments to ensure we are always providing excellent support to our colleagues, ensuring they can do the best work of their careers. You will report to the APAC Enterprise Technology Operations leader. The role can be based in our Hyderabad office or fully remote in any India location.
Technology and the best customer service are your drivers and what motivates you in your role, surfaced through coaching, mentoring and collaboration. Your main focus will be on your people, your customers and your services. Your technical knowledge will allow you to make a valuable contribution to the team and to support them practically.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide assistance, oversight, and technical guidance for a 24x7 shift-based APAC service desk.
- Assist the APAC Enterprise Technology Operations leader with team shifts, availability planning, and different start-of-shift and end-of-shift reporting requirements
- Ensure the highest levels of customer experience in a collaborative environment with a focus on helping people resolve problems as a leader of the first point of contact in Operations.
- Build effective and visible team processes that allow high throughput
- Coach the team in troubleshooting or escalating issues, promptly while communicating clearly until the issue is resolved.
- Be an advocate representing Deliveroo colleagues to ensure each customer receives the best possible IT experience.
- 3+ years experience in mentoring and motivating a delivery-focused, technical team
- A customer-obsessed mindset, driving the right actions to reduce issues and improve experience at all time
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- A methodical approach to problem solving.
- Driven, collaborative, comfortable adapting to change and learning quickly in a dynamic organisation.
- Understanding of ITIL / Service Management
- Support IT systems including Microsoft, Apple, ChromeOS, InfoSec, video teleconferencing, and different applications and environments to support the Deliveroo business.
We're also interested in…
Exposure to supporting any of the following:
- ZenDesk / ServiceNow / Remedy
- Google Workspace (G Suite)
- Apple macOS / iOS environments
- Windows 10/11
- Jamf / Intune
- Azure / AWS
- Network fundamentals
- Identity and Access Management
- Experience with AV and VC systems (especially Google Meet)
- Relevant professional certifications
Holiday Policy - 15 days leave each year (which increases with length of service) as well as 12 days casual leave and 9 days public holiday.
Childcare - Deliveroo reimburses 70% of daycare expenses, up to a maximum of INR 10000 per month.
Other Benefits: Insurance, Wellness, Home office expenses, Online learning portals.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander.