About the Role:
The Deliveroo Enterprise Technology team conceives, designs, builds and sustains the IT services powering Deliveroo’s internal teams globally, as we transform the way customers eat. We continually drive service improvements and love to automate everything we can on our journey towards reliability.
As Head of ET Operations, you will be responsible for leading the front-line team(s) that support our Deliveroo end users globally. You will be providing strategic and technical direction to Service Desk and Executive Support teams internationally, and driving diverse operational initiatives across EMEA and APAC. You will also be the APAC Site Lead for Enterprise Technology, responsible for dotted-line accountability to, and escalation from local ET staff outside of the Operations organisation. This role reports to the Director of Engineering and Operations, based in the UK.
People leadership is your driver and what motivates you in your role, surfaced through coaching, mentoring and collaboration to drive results. Your main day-to-day focus will be on your people, your customers and quality service delivery. Your technical knowledge will enable you to make a valuable contribution to the team and to support them practically.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Leading and coaching an operationally-focused technical team
- Building a 24x7 global Service Desk team and associated operational model
- Planning and driving the roadmap for the global ET Technology Operations team, including budgeting, spend management, and forecasting
- Working with IT Service Management teams on the improvement of the IT request catalogue and IT store capabilities
- Capturing and implementing site specific requirements that are beyond standard global IT service and organising services to meet site requirements
- Supporting the team to roadmap and engineer operational improvements
- Providing timely support to key stakeholders and customers
- Identifying and addressing automation opportunities through coding and tools
- Ensuring high-quality Runbook documentation is created and maintained
- Acting as an escalation point for APAC technical needs, driving collaboration between all relevant ET and stakeholder teams
- Proven experience of building, leading, managing, and mentoring global, technical teams with a minimum of 3 years experience in a senior tech leadership role
- A methodical and logical approach to problem solving with a sense of ownership
- Driven, self-starter without requiring close supervision, collaborative, comfortable adapting to change and learning quickly in a dynamic organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Very good understanding of service management (ITIL) including Change Management, formal Service Levels and process design
- Excellent knowledge of End User platforms (laptops and SaaS such as Workday) at scale
- Significant automation experience
- Customer Service in your DNA
We’re also interested in…
- Experience of influence and partnership, both with and without direct authority over people
- Proficiency with at least one programming language - preferably Python.
- Exposure to any of the following:
- ZenDesk / ServiceNow / Looker / Data Studio
- MacOS / Windows 10 internals/ Jamf/ InTune / Git
- Experience in developing teams and people
- Experience defining, measuring, monitoring and communicating success criteria
- Exposure to Agile, DevOps, SDLC, and SRE.
- Advanced ITIL certifications are a plus (v3 Expert / v4)
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.