The role of the Sales Development Team Lead is to manage a team of SDRs and to assist the Head of Department to guide the Small & Medium Business (SMB) Sales Team (Inbound, Outbound, Expansion) to success. You will be responsible for SMB Sales growth by assisting SDRs, driving and motivating successful sales and new business month on month.
● Responsible for the delivery and improvement of the SMB Sales team through management and coaching of a team to provide an excellent onboarding experience
● Will directly manage a team of 10-15 with varying levels of expertise
● Responsible for recruitment, reward and development of own team
● Establish and maintain a performance management framework for the team
● You will report to the SMB Commercial Director
What you'll be doing:
● Motivate the team to maintain high morale, low absenteeism and turnover
● Manage resources and prioritise workloads within the Department to ensure achievement of sales targets
● Coach team members through regular 1:1 and bi-annual reviews to identify and address development needs and construct development plans which will build a high-quality team
● Monitor team performance and output through use and analysis of performance and quality data, to set or adjust targets and measure success against them, and raise the standards in the team
● Ensure quality staff are recruited into the department by interviewing and other recruitment tools together with HR
● Collaborate with Learning and Development to ensure content of training materials and programmes is of maximum value to staff
● Represent the SMB Sales team and department on Projects and other ad hoc assignments to ensure SMB Sales needs are represented
● Provide accurate management information reports within deadlines to assist management and other departments in meeting their goals
● Research and answer complex complaints referred from our SDRs, identifying the causes and taking appropriate action to deliver outstanding customer service
● Relevant briefings communicated to staff to ensure Company plans and procedural changes are cascaded and understood
● Work with other managers and stakeholders to ensure SDRs receive development and technical support they need
● Experience within high velocity sales management role
● Excellent planning and organisational skills
● Excellent communication, coaching and feedback skills
● Experience within a Sales management environment at a supervisory level
● Proven track record of managing teams of over 10 people
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.