Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they
The U.K. & Ireland is our domestic and most mature market. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such as product, technology and consumer to acheive results for our customers.
The UK&I Marketing Team is responsible for all in-market activity across the full marketing mix. The team drives long term brand growth and shorter term demand generation to achieve profitable growth for the business. This includes large scale integrated national and local campaigns targeting key audiences and geographies, and smaller scale strategic campaigns and tactical initiatives. We work with our agency partners, commercial, regional, product and central marketing teams, and our restaurant and grocery partners, to increase growth through new customer acquisition, driving frequency and retention, and driving our brand awareness and consideration up and down the country.
We're looking for an experienced professional to lead the strategy and development of our Hyperlocal Marketing. You will report directly to the UKI Marketing Director and be a primary member of the UK&I Leadership Team, you will solve some of the most exciting marketing challenges to enable our business to become more hyperlocal. You will lead, engage and influence multiple senior team members across this business and you will be an important strategic partner to the Regional VP. You will work closely with the regional functions to identify where to play across regions and channels, and develop a how to win strategy that cuts across multiple departments including Product, Central Marketing, Commercial and Regional teams. You will lead a team of highly performing local marketing experts who will develop and deliver the local plans to increase targeted growth at a local level. You will be based in London (Hybrid working).
You will have analytical rigour, commercial acumen, pioneering leadership, proactively seek out issues and lead through both direct management and influencing of many stakeholders.
What you'll be doing
- Develop our hyperlocal marketing strategy, working in collaboration with regional and commercial teams identifying what we are solving for and where to play across key customer archetypes and regions.
- Use customer, competitor and commercial insights to determine the size of the opportunities, ensuring that we ruthlessly focus on where the biggest opportunities are
- Develop the strategy for "how to win" playbooks for the jobs to be done across the different archetypes, identifying which levers we pull, duration, spend levels and likely business impact
- Lead a team of high calibre local marketing experts to execute the marketing plans, working collaboratively with key stakeholders across the broader marketing function, central marketing, product, commercial and regional teams. Anticipate and navigate blockers that may arise.
- Lead a team to develop and deliver plans against specific strategic business objectives, e.g. Editions, Mix and Match, Signage
- Develop a Test and Learn (T&L) plan to run alongside the local activation plan to enable us to continue to optimise across channels, promo, campaign durations, spend levels.
- Develop a clear measurement plan and PCA process for all activity
- Budget management of significant local budget (TBD) plus access and influence across national budgets
- Significant stakeholder leadership, influence and management across central & local teams. As well as managing a direct team, this will include partnering with Regional VP, and leading and influencing across, central marketing (Brand CRM, Performance marketing, Promo), commercial, product, operations, Exec. level groups, and external agencies
- Build and lead a motivated team; nurturing talent, recognise strengths and create development opportunities
- 10+ years' experience in strategy, marketing, and/or transformation roles in consumer facing industries, working closely with senior leadership or leadership experience
- Pioneering leadership spirit with analytical rigour coupled with commercial acumen. Comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment
- Experience developing strategy and managing through to execution, navigating hurdles along the way
- Experience delivering tangible results
- Successful track record operating, partnering with and influencing exec-level team members
- Excel at solving unstructured problems
- Experience leading cross-functional teams across multiple organisations
- You are an Inspiring and respected manager
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.