As a Commercial Director in National Accounts, you will drive sustainable, profitable revenue growth from a portfolio of the largest and highest profile Restaurant partners in the UK & Ireland. Together with a team of 4 Client Partners and 8-10 Account Managers, you will define and lead the implementation of joint plans with these partners to become the preferred delivery partner and grow Deliveroo's share of the highly competitive restaurant-delivery sector. You will report to the Commercial Vice President in the UK.
Beyond your own portfolio, you will also be an important member of both the Commercial Leadership Team and UK & Ireland Leadership team. Within the Commercial Leadership Team, you will help define and embed our wider commercial strategy and framework to ensure we have a market-leading proposition to all our National Account partners and have the capabilities to deliver it. As part of the UK & Ireland Leadership team you will partner with other functional leaders to build a motivated, inclusive and engaged organisation for all.
Your Responsibilities :
Define our future commercial strategy to win with National Restaurant Accounts
- Define the "where to play" and "how to win" strategic choices across your partner portfolio to unlock sustainable, profitable revenue growth using available partner and customer insight, competitor dynamics and industry trends
- Identify future elements of our partner value proposition and the required capabilities to deliver them in collaboration with the Commercial Leadership and Global Restaurant teams and lead deployment of these enhancements across your portfolio
- Set annual plans including resource allocation, financial budget and individual target setting for the partners in your portfolio
- Ensure detailed implementation plans developed within cross-functional team with strong follow-up on execution through robust tracking and issue resolution
- Establish multi-functional end-to-end relationships with our partners to be the preferred delivery provider
- You will build relationships with senior leaders of our major Restaurant partners
- Lead the development of joint business plans with the most important partners in your portfolio
- You will resolve commercial and executional issues that affect our partners or require positive escalation to resolve
- Manage the P&L to realise or exceed our annual financial objectives
- Lead delivery of revenue growth by ensuring structured deployment of our partner growth levers across your partner portfolio
- Manage all financial investments to ensure annual profit goals are delivered
- Lead negotiations with the largest partners and ensuring your team approach all negotiations following our commercial framework regarding rate structure and return on investment
- Lead performance management and forecasting routines to ensure in-year delivery and course-correction to meet revenue and profit targets
- Build and lead the commercial team that is engaged, inclusive and high-performing
- Create a compelling vision with a sense of unity and desire to perform together
- Recruit and coach team members that are commercially astute with high partner and customer obsession
- Co-develop with the Commercial Leadership Team a targeted learning and development approach that unlock future business and personal potential for the team
- Foster collaboration throughout the organisation, understanding the benefit and importance of central / local collaboration. Collaborate with the global restaurant organisation on the partners with international footprint
- Problem solving and strategic thinking: ability to identify commercial opportunities and issues in complex, ambiguous situations and translate through to a clear commercial choices that resolves trade-offs between competing business and financial priorities
- Thought-leadership: utilises data and insight from across the market to shape a clear vision for the future that is recognised both internally and externally as industry leading
- Commercial approach: role-models best practice approaches to selling, negotiating, account planning and that sets the bar for the wider National Accounts team
- Delivery: sets clear performance management framework and routines to ensure objectives are met, with escalation routes in place to resolve off-track issues
- Communication & Influence: structured communication skills with a clear aptitude to listen and respond to partner needs, and adapt to and engage different audiences. Is a trusted advisor to senior stakeholders and teams around the business and with senior external stakeholders
- Team Development: Empowers managers below them to run a mature, high-performing team. Proactively engages in the development, growth, and retention of people across both their team and wider function
- Change Management: Role-models a growth mindset that embraces change and deploys best-practice approaches to win hearts and minds and that ultimately embeds change into the organisation
- Community-Building: a team player who readily collaborates cross-functionally and will sponsor or lead UK&I initiatives that drive an engaged, diverse, high-performing organisation
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer multiple great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space.