When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
As a Performance Analyst, you will play a significant role in understanding and managing the continuous expansion we expect in 2023, together with the performance of our 300+ existing Italian cities. You will analyze and be responsible for new cities launch, follow the daily performance of our delivery system and deep-dive on strategy questions.
Together with this, you will have an important focus on all the financial operational data.
You are part of the Deliveroo Operations team based in Milan and will report to the Head of Performance and Planning.
You will be responsible for:
- Doing detailed data analysis to understand the performance of our 300+ growing cities
- Looking after all the new launches
- Mapping new delivery zones and improving existing ones
- Optimizing the most efficient and effective delivery zones
- Doing studies on our fleet, cities, deliveries and much more
- Making sure all the operational costs are under control and within KPIs
- Running future projects to ensure proper, consistent operational performance
- Structuring efficient collaborations with other teams in the Operations Department
- Bachelors or Masters degree with an analytical/strategic background
- Fluent in Italian with a good English knowledge
- 2-4 years work experience
- Analytical and logistic skills
- Needs to be able to work with Excel and other data analytic tools
- Power Point knowledge is a plus
- You have a self-driven & great problem-solving ability
- Quick switch between multiple systems and multitasking in a fast environment
We are a young company with dynamic growth, so you must be prepared to work hard and show continued commitment and dedication to the business.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.