Account Management Lead (SMB)
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most expanding industry in the world, so join us for the ride.
Purpose of Job:
We are looking for a SMB Lead to join our team in Kuwait. This is a rare opportunity to become a founding and important member of a well-funded startup. Your role will consist of leading a team of account managers all based in Kuwait, and having a small restaurant portfolio yourself. You will coach your team, increase growth in the SMB portfolio and keep the team on track with our goals through implementing country wide growth plans.
You will also cultivate existing relationships with large independent relationships, creating growth in their Deliveroo sales. Client-facing meetings will make up some of your teams week, and you will also work with other departments on tasks such as marketing campaigns and operational improvements. This is an excellent role for someone, who enjoys building relationships, and supporting the growth of members in the team. You will report to the Head of Account Management. This job follows a hybrid work model.
- Achieve strategic growth and be an important part of building the strategy across Deliveroo for you and your team's restaurant portfolios and projects
- Implement processes to improve efficiency within the team
- Load balance a portfolio of restaurant partners
- Be a point of escalation for your team and communicate with all partners at all levels
- Responsibility for communicating internal priorities and keeping the team on track and up-to-date with our commercial goals
- Be the primary point of contact for your own portfolio to answer any questions and solve issues
- Guide commercial/marketing discussions with portfolio
- Be comfortable in negotiations including contracts, renewals, and extensions
- Improve and present new ideas to increase Deliveroo growth and efficiencies
- Use data tools to create data-driven strategies for you and your team
- 2+ years commercial experience, in a commercial environment where you have dealt with clients, with the ability to understand their values
- 2+ years of leadership experience, working with a small team/having a direct report
- You will have strategic, operational, and commercial goals, therefore a blend of strategic thinking, analytical skills, and execution ability is necessary
- You have ownership of you and your team's results, be invested in the success of your portfolio, and have the determination to win
- You will be independent in your ways of working, and be comfortable with navigating complexity and uncertainty both personally and with your team
- We really encourage feedback as it makes us a stronger team - you will be comfortable at providing and receiving positive and constructive feedback
- Fluent in English and Arabic
Benefits and Diversity
- 30 days of Annual Leave
- Work visa
- Medical insurance
- Annual home flight tickets
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Maternity & Paternity benefits
- End of year parties and regular social events
- An extremely fun team to work with!
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.