We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join the sales team of Deliveroo Media & Ecommerce. You will report to the Head of Sampling Sales of Deliveroo Media & Ecommerce.
Deliveroo Media & eCommerce (formerly "Commercial Partnerships") is the 3rd party retail media, sampling and eCommerce marketing platform for consumer brands wanting to drive more demand on the Deliveroo platform. We partner with leading global consumer brands to help them drive their advertising reach, product trial and sales conversion rates. We have a range of roles available across sales, strategy and operations as we seek to build out this exciting business.
The Business Development Manager, Deliveroo Media & eCommerce role is focused on driving revenue for Editions through sampling campaigns and other custom activations.
Editions is Deliveroo's global network of delivery-only kitchens, providing a flexible expansion platform to restaurants and a better restaurant selection and order experience to Deliveroo's customers. Since 2018, our kitchens have been used as an important distribution channel for physical sampling for advertisers and experiential and media activations (e.g. pop-ups and bag sponsorships).
We are looking for a commercially astute business development manager, motivated by targets, who loves working through an end to end sales cycle.
What you'll do:
- Prospect, pitch and close sampling deals
- Lead the full transactional sales cycle with potential FMCG and agency partners, proposing sampling and potential other custom opportunities that achieve the partner's goals
- Cold and warm outreach, using a variety of communication methods (phone, email, VC)
- Maintain organisation of your revenue opportunity pipeline as to ensure accurate and reliable revenue forecasting
- Hand over closed sampling deals to the fulfilment operations team observing standards and specifications as to ensure seamless and efficient fulfilment
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the UK sampling marketplace, making recommendations to strengthen our proposition wherever needed based on structured collection and reporting of customer feedback
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Editions network to quickly identify new opportunities for revenue generation
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years experience in sales or business development, ideally with experience in FMCG or sampling agency
- Experience of sales success in a high-volume-low-touch sales model
- Track-record in meeting revenue targets
- Build relationships quickly over e-mail/phone/VC channels
- Manage a high volume high velocity pipeline
- Negotiate commercial terms in-the-moment within boundaries set by management
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around. #CMR