Finance & Strategy Associate
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We're looking for people to join our expanding Finance & Strategy Team. As the scale and complexity of Deliveroo grows every day, we need dynamic, analytical thinkers to support in optimising decision-making and driving quick, profitable growth. This is a perfect opportunity to become part of a team responsible for driving the strategic direction of the business.
Provide analytical driven insight to support decision makers and understand the P&L impact of those decisions. You will work with team members to manage data and model strategic plans to guide the long-term growth of the business. This role is perfect for someone who enjoys solving difficult problems, has analytical capability and can work with senior management. You will report into the Finance & Strategy Manager.
This role is based in Milan, Italy.
The job will involve:
- Work with your manager to model and review appropriate strategic programs and support delivery of the long-range plans
- Understand and influence the causes of performance to help guide the top and bottom line
- Support the wider business by working with them through business casing for several new programs
- Provide proactive, high-quality analysis to support decision-making in the context of wider business possible effects
- Translate actions and programs into targets and long-range plans for the business
- 3+ Years of data analysis in an analytical, strategic or commercial role
- Advanced Excel skills (can perform complex functions) (SQL or something similar)
- Complex financial modelling experience
- Experience influencing through data and communicating
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, aiming to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do we give low income families access to affordable healthy meals, How do we reduce food and packaging waste, How do we help low emissions vehicles to become more mainstream? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours.
Benefits and Diversity
We know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a love of (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startup's around.