When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Through a deep understanding of riders' needs, Rider Engagement represents the voice of the rider across the business to ensure that Deliveroo is the company that riders choose to work with now and into the future.
- Gathering feedback from riders through formal and informal settings
- Conducting phone calls and face-to-face rider engagement in a number of formats, including but not limited to focus groups, partner promotions and large events
- Planning a range of events to achieve objectives across multiple cities
- Identifying and understanding key issues based on rider feedback and then filtering this throughout the wider business for action
- Supporting the Rider Content Professional with managing our rider community channels and sending communications, and the Rider Partnership Manager with events planning and projects management.
- 1-2 years of relevant professional experience
- Clear and engaging communication skills in person, on the phone and in writing. Ability to speak in front of a live target audience and adapt messaging according to circumstances
- Refined interpersonal skills, ability to empathise and connect with people from a wide variety of backgrounds. Confidence to remain calm under pressure and instil calm in others
- Happy to shift between remote and office-based tasks, potentially spending part of your working week travelling around the country (all travel, accommodation and other expenses will be paid for)
- Ability to work individually and remotely within a low supervision environment
- Ability to analyse the information available to you, make decisions and act based on it. Microsoft Excel basic knowledge is a must
- Business proficient in Italian and English
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.