Salesforce Senior Engineer
Our Partner Lifecycle team at Deliveroo is delivering numerous change projects globally to support the rapid growth of the company. We are looking for an experienced Salesforce Developer to join our Partner Success product team to develop and deploy business solutions that will help our partners onboard and use Deliveroo services successfully!
As a Salesforce Senior Engineer, you will be a part of a high performing team collaborating closely with Product Management, Account Management, Partner Services and Commercial teams to plan, develop and deploy new capabilities onto our Salesforce Platform. We are looking for someone who thrives in fast-paced, highly collaborative environments and takes pride in delivering and supporting new capabilities for the business.
- Define and maintain coding standards, architecture and reliability that align with Salesforce best practices
- Works to maximise efficiency of their team. Leads some team project planning, foreseeing dependencies and risks. Constructively partners with other disciplines (e.g. PM, Sales Operations, Care, Engineering)
- Writes, contributes to and reviews relevant design docs on behalf of their team and that affect their team
- Write Visualforce, Apex classes, triggers, batch classes, and have a proficiency in REST-based web services, Java, HTML, XML, and SQL
- Help to manage the deployment process from start to finish and commit changes to our CI/CD pipeline. Approve or review pull requests
- Use Salesforce APIs and standard architecture to integrate systems with Salesforce
- Recommend best practice solutions to key business problems
- Simplifies the maintenance and operation of our production system. Champions the reliability, visibility, operational readiness, and the health of their team’s systems
- Maintains a deep understanding of multiple products and their intersection with other parts of the business
- Works with their team and adjacent teams (when relevant) to deliver projects and solve problems
- Leads the work of other engineers, breaks down projects and guides design and implementation choices
- Communicates team work and influences the roadmap within their team. Builds cross-team relationships
- Mostly makes good decisions regarding their own and neighbouring teams, seeking data and cultivating consensus.
- 8+ years of experience working as a Salesforce Developer, Solution Architect or Technical Lead in highly collaborative environments
- 8+ years working in Agile and DevOps environments where Peer Code Reviews and Peer Testing are common practice
- Extensive experience and understanding of Salesforce Service Cloud or Sales Cloud
- Experienced at Designing and leading design of complex solutions
- Experience of all phases of software development life-cycle, design and development of custom solutions on the force.com platform
- Experience with managed or custom applications integrated or used along with Salesforce such as Docusign, Pardot, payment processing gateways, etc.
- Extensive demonstrable experience writing Web Components, Visualforce, Apex classes, triggers, batch classes, and have a proficiency in REST-based web services, Java, HTML, XML, and SQL, Lightning tech stack
- Extensive experience with deployment processes between salesforce environments, using Bitbucket, GitHub or DevOps automation tools
- Experience breaking projects down into smaller tasks that can be completed by self or a team
- Experience planning and managing small projects (1-2 developers)
- Confidence to raise warning flags about technical or project issues where appropriate
- Excellent communication skills.