About the Role:
Deliveroo is on a scale up journey to become the world's most definitive food company. To do that, we're building a company where everyone can do the best work of their lives.
Enterprise Technology is working to become the trusted partner, providing a fantastic working environment for all employees.To do that we are undergoing a transformation, building Enterprise level capabilities in Service Management, Automation and creating a world class Employee Workplace.
We are building a brand new Enterprise Automation team to help our 4000 employees, wherever they are, across Deliveroo be successful by automating business processes and infrastructure. Examples could be making onboarding seamless to smoothening procurement. To realise our goals we'll be focused on both conventional Software Engineering (Python) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA). You will be focusing on RPA with a requirement to utilise Python and other automation. The environment is mostly SaaS and cloud-based. You'll be responsible for delivery of features and solutions within the team.
You will report to the RPA Engineering Manager.
What You'll Do:
- Deliver Automation solutions using UiPath RPA or Python with clear, detailed and accurate supporting documentation
- Join a growing team of automation developers in Deliveroo's Automation programme
- Contribute to the designing, building and operating of elegant automation and integration software that makes a difference.
- Create RPA solutions with clear, detailed and accurate supporting documentation
- Perform all technical aspects of UiPath RPA development
- Contribute to the establishment, improvement, and enforcement of RPA best practises
- Complete testing of automation in training and production environments
- Incident management, including root cause analysis, clean-up and prevention of future occurrences: on-call support may be required
- Have experience building UiPath RPA bots
- Have demonstrable experience of building automations in Python
- UiPath Advanced Developer Certification
- 3+ years of experience in process mapping and design; produce functional and technical speciation documentation
- Solid experience of RPA architecture and infrastructure, supporting corporate business operations
- Experience understanding good practises within process automation
- Recent experience as an automation software engineer working with both Python and UiPath to a high standard
- You have had an important part in several projects within a team.
- Curiosity in exploring all and every possibility for continuous improvement and the ability to think and act conceptually, and hands-on based on hard and soft data
- Comfortable with Agile practices across the full SDLC
- Pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer multiple great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a love for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space.