Who We Are
Our ambition is to be the definitive food company, feeding people three times a day with great food from the World's best-loved restaurants, all with an unparalleled level of convenience.
From distributed computing to large-scale system design, complex algorithms to beautiful user interfaces, we have teams working on every step of the journey to ensure we continue to offer our customers a growing selection of choice at the best price with a fantastic level of service.
We work with thousands of restaurants worldwide, from renowned local gems to your favourite chains, allowing them to open up a new revenue stream and reach new customers. Our restaurant partners, riders and customers are as passionate about food as we are, and if you want to make an impact on millions of users by solving some of the biggest technical challenges at great scale, come on board and join the ride.
You will spend time:
- Line managing a brand new team of platform engineers, building the next generation of test infrastructure for Deliveroo
- Strategizing on how to build testing infrastructure
- Contributing to product strategy, setting project goals, and supporting and mentoring your team
- Building a team of diverse, experienced engineers, helping them scale at a unique pace
- Creating a learning environment for your team and acting as a mentor for engineers and up and coming leaders
- Working with users, engineers, and product teams to understand what’s needed of our infrastructure
- Making our production environments resilient and scalable
- Improving and implementing processes and values that scale
- Providing technical mentorship to engineers building and deploying large-scale projects internationally
- Experience as a line manager to a team
- You have been a software or platform engineer building user-focused products at pace
- Experience with AWS
- Your style is collaborative, to encourage your team to improve their code
- You set goals and offer advice, setting your team up for success
- You're a natural recruiter, passionate about building your team
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.