When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Business Strategy team solves some of the most exciting and important issues facing the business. In this role, you will support medium-to-long term projects and challenge the way we do things, driving innovation forward. The responsibilities will include:
- Discovering, analysing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex datasets to perform analyses
- Constantly optimising our business activity by submitting hypotheses based on, in particular, quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Working within and across departments to bring new strategies to life
- Producing reports for management review
- Embedding data into decision making across the business as well as up-skilling team members
- 2-4 years work experience, ideally with 2 years+ professional experience in a strategy consulting role
- Can demonstrate strong analytical achievements and confidence with numbers, tact along with humility and patience
- Good knowledge of Excel/GSheets
- A pragmatic, commercial mindset, comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills - cross-functional comms, training, outside scope/ad hoc
- Experience in working in a dynamic high-growth company
- Strong motivation with the ability to work quickly and accurately in tight deadlines
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Previous use of Looker
- A good understanding of SQL
- P&L and financial modelling experience
- Relevant sector expertise in a fast-moving consumer business or professional services
- Functional experience, e.g., commercial, pricing or consumer insight
Benefits and Diversity
- 30 days of Annual Holiday Leave
- Work visa
- Comprehensive medical insurance (for employee & dependents)
- Annual home flight ticket (for employee only)
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Maternity & Paternity benefits
- End of year parties & regular social events
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around