Programme Manager - Hop
At Deliveroo, we are transforming the way people think about food.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your home in minutes. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us - a story we would love you to help us shape.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines, restaurants and shops, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want.
9 years in - we now operate in 13 markets, with over 100,000 riders who deliver orders from 160,000 restaurants and 13,000 grocery partners in over 500 towns and cities worldwide.
We launched Deliveroo HOP in September 2021 as our ultra-fast grocery delivery service. Our mission is to deliver groceries to customers around the world in as little as 10 minutes; from the weekly shop to a last minute dinner party or a late night snack. Working with trusted grocers, Deliveroo HOP brings customers the very best products at lightning speed.
We are building a network of stores across London, the UK and many of our other markets. Each of our stores is staffed with a team who have been specially trained to manage the operations efficiently as well as pick and pack orders in record time, with Deliveroo’s rider network completing all deliveries.
We’re looking for people with exceptional drive and entrepreneurial spirit to join the team and help us build the leading ultra-fast grocery service. This is an exciting time to join Deliveroo HOP within the broader Deliveroo organisation - we’re only just getting started!
The Programme Manager will be responsible for implementing launch plans across all markets with new and existing partners. The role is critical in building out and scaling this rapidly growing business to enable operational excellence and unlock the best customer experience. You will need to be comfortable working at pace, communicating with senior stakeholders, and managing programmes in different stages of their lifecycle. We are looking for a self-starter who takes ownership, can build strong relationships across the business and drive programmes forward in a controlled manner.
What you’ll be doing
- Design site launch / go-to-market programmes and proactively monitor progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action where needed
- Quickly establish relationships with stakeholders across the business (local markets, tech, operations, marketing etc.) to enable you to appoint the right individuals to project teams, and rapidly unblock issues where they arise
- Manage multiple projects at once, prioritising effectively across competing issues (e.g. launching a new market, operationalising a new site selection framework, rolling out a new warehouse process)
- Communicate clearly and succinctly in surfacing key issues, dependencies and potential timeline risks to senior stakeholders (e.g. tech delays, contracting issues with a potential new partner etc.)
- Optimise our processes to ensure we learn from every launch and get faster and more streamlined every time
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Consulting or in Project / Programme Management for a corporate or scale-up
- Experience managing cross-functional projects
- Excellent communication, organisation and project planning skills
- Ability to run multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise own work to deliver maximum impact and meet deadlines
- Able to influence challenging stakeholders with competing priorities
- Experience in grocery is not mandatory
- Formal programme management qualifications (PRINCE2 etc.) beneficial but not essential
- Note: this role is UK based
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.