At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
You will play a fundamental role supporting the VPs by ensuring operations are organised, well-managed and the continuously-changing-day runs smoothly and without a hitch! You should be a self-starting EA who is confident, articulate, professional and who has the ability to instil calm and order to a busy and fun environment. Ultimately, you will make our VPs better at their job by doing your job.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide proactive/all encompassing administrative support to the VPs be their primary point of contact for all daily administrative needs. Staying organised, up to date and one step ahead
- Managing the VPs busy and ever-changing calendars. Handling all meeting requests and demands on their time. Ensuring all meetings have a brief/outcome agreed and any pre-reads are shared in a timely manner
- Be proactive - looking ahead and ensuring everything is in place ahead of time
- Help build great working relationships within our teams and with our external partners
- Be at the heart of your team’s operations, help build a strong team dynamics and culture
- Assist in recruitment and onboarding new hires. Working with the recruitment team for interview availability, ensure everything is ready for the new starters day one and assist in the onboarding schedule for their first few weeks at the company
- Meeting room coordination, be aware of hybrid team working (who is in office v’s who is working remotely)
- Book domestic and international travel - flights, hotels, trains, cars, ensuring all logistics, visas, and travel time are well executed and clearly detailed in diaries
- Organise team offsites and internal events including quarterly team socials
- Raise purchase orders (POs) and ensure invoices are approved via company process in a timely manner
- Submit expenses on behalf of the VPs (within company guidelines) and approve team expenses
- Approve team holiday requests - ensuring VP and team calendars are up to date
- Live our values and encourage others to do the same
- Constantly scan our company communications to ensure the VPs do not miss key announcements, important details or things to celebrate and share with the team
- Be emotionally intelligent: handle all duties with the highest degree of confidentiality, professionalism, diplomacy and integrity and be aware of your impact on others
- Create exciting ways to celebrate events and moments important to the team culture (birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions)
- Work closely with EAs in our business to ensure nothing falls through the cracks
- Be friendly and helpful - we can still at times feel like a start-up and often require people to “muck in” when needed (however big or small the task)
- Experience supporting at VP or Director level
- Tech savvy - able to pick up new systems and tools quickly
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Can work calmly a in fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment
- Comfortable with change and to be able to adapt to any given situation
Proffered (But not required)
- Experience working with Google Suite, Slack, Workplace, Workday, Egencia, Procurement Hub
- Appreciation of the objectives, activities and strategy of the company
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.