When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you’ll be doing…
As a Catering Operations Executive, you will be joining a team focused on growing a new and exciting area of business at Deliveroo. In contrast to our core business, the Catering team focuses on servicing large orders for both corporate and individual customers, which require different operational needs and expertise.
- Manage our dedicated trolley walker fleet while assisting with our van operations to service Catering orders and monitor large orders in real time to ensure we deliver an outstanding experience
- Assist in maintaining and expanding our selection of dedicated Catering Menus and work closely with Catering Partners to develop their menu offering and ensure smooth operations
- Make menu or restaurant suggestions to Corporate Account Managers to promote corporate catering orders while targeting other use cases including residential catering, boat parties, and school events
- Handle inbound customer enquiries and proactively come up with creative solutions to accommodate special customer requests or large, complex orders
- Liaise with other departments including Customer Service, Operations, and Restaurant Account Management to help scale our Catering business and proactively tackle issues that may arise
- Develop an understanding of the challenges around our day-to-day operations and help drive improvements in the existing processes, as well as implement new ones
Skills you’ll need & Eligibility…
- At least 2 years of work experience with experience in a customer-facing role
- Able to take an idea, make a plan and get the job done
- Outstanding interpersonal skills as you will be liaising directly with customer, restaurant partners, and internal stakeholders on a regular basis
- Able to tackle several complex problems without missing a step
- Able to take ownership of problems and turn your solutions into a coherent action plan, while keeping a cool head in challenging situations
- Use the information available to you to build a plan with clear goals
- A good level of spoken and written English and spoken Cantonese
- High level of attention to detail
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.