It’s an exciting time for on-demand grocery with a hyper competitive environment. Come and be part of the team that’s building a completely new customer behaviour in the UK. We’re looking for a Head of Marketing, Grocery to develop & lead Grocery marketing strategy & campaigns in the UK.
This role will work closely with the rest of the UK team, Global Brand and our internal CRM, Product, Value & Commercial Partnerships teams to deliver best in class marketing strategy and campaigns that deliver against our Grocery objectives.
A successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial thinker and well rounded marketer with experience across the full marketing mix. You’ll have a passion for all things Grocery, be customer obsessed and have a natural ability to think strategically to solve business problems. You’ll be experienced in working with commercials, customer data & insight to build marketing campaigns and have a broad knowledge and understanding of the marketing channel mix strong across both brand campaigns & CRM.
You'll be a self starter with a growth mindset, constantly looking for new opportunities to grow our customer base, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to ‘think big’ while paying careful attention to detail.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
This role is responsible for;
- Development of multi-million budget 360 UKI Marketing brand & seasonally-led campaigns to drive on-demand grocery awareness, consideration & purchase intent.
- Growing our Monthly Active Customer base through acquisition, retention, reactivation and growing loyal user base
- Working closely with our biggest partners to build co-marketing strategies to deliver growth
- Working closely with our commercial org. driving consumer led product, CRM & digital requirements to support Grocery category growth
- Working closely with Consumer Insights to further understand our Grocery customer
- Developing a value and promotional strategy for Grocery category
- Reporting & analysing our weekly / monthly customer results for Monthly & Weekly Business Reviews
This role reports to a Head of Marketing, Restaurant & Grocery and will manage a team of 4 (1 x Senior Marketing Manager, 1 x Marketing Manager + 2 x Marketing Associates). This will be a hybrid working role with the office 2-3 days per week in London based office at The River Building, near Cannon Street Station.
Marketing Strategy & Campaign Development
- Comfortable working with complex data, customer & competitor insights to create & communicate simple consumer-led strategies for the business
- Working in collaboration with UKI Media team and our Media agency partner, to develop successful and efficient media strategies
- Working in collaboration with Central Brand team to develop award winning brand campaigns to build consumer awareness & consideration for on-demand grocery
- Strong cross-functional working & collaboration across CRM, Social, Digital teams to deliver full 360 marketing plans that drive real impact
- Driving a Grocery experimentation agenda for media + creative across teams
Growing the ODG customer base
- Work with our Central CRM & Product teams to set strategy & business cases for investment on new ideas for acquisition, retention & churn reduction programmes
- Oversee content calendar & CRM plan through BTL channels with grocery consumers in partnership with the CRM team.
- Work with the Plus team to build out Grocery specific initiatives to acquire more Plus shoppers into Grocery.
Grocery Promotional & Value Strategy
- Define annual framework for promotional and value strategy, working with commercial on developing customer facing ‘value’ propositions
- Develop test and learn programme to define most impactful value levers for Grocery acquisition, keeping a close eye on the competitive landscape.
- Work with the product team to work on a prioritised pipeline of developments to unlock new functionality to drive grocery sales i.e. Free Delivery, % off.
- Work with partners & commercial team to unlock Trade Deals with key grocery partners
- Lead Annual Planning with our Grocery partners, building data-led strategies for growth
- Build co-marketing plans to deliver on agreed objectives
- Ensure flawless execution of Partner Marketing campaigns
- Support team on development of scalable processes to support growth for smaller partners
Support global marketing team with learnings from the UK
- Work with the central team on best practice for key marketing initiatives for ODC that can be applied or scaled globally.
- Support development of global toolkit
- Implementation of Grocery signage strategy, partner plan and key assets working with AM’s to identify key UK brands to roll out signage
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.