When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. Deliveroo launched in 2013. Fast forward to 2020, and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. We’re already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Yet, most of the extraordinary value Deliveroo will generate lies ahead of us.
The context of the recruitment
We are offering a fixed term contract of approximatively 7 months to replace our Head of Marketing during her maternity leave. Dates to be confirmed - ideally from Mid Nov 2022 to Mid June 2023.
About the role
As a key member of the in-country management team, you will work closely with the General Manager and local teams, as well as with Regional Marketing and Central teams (ie. Performance Marketing and Business Intelligence) to design marketing plans that achieve aligned commercial objectives.
You will lead a high-performing team tasked with having a strong, data-driven understanding of the country’s overall business objectives, in-market nuances, and a deep understanding of priority customer segments. You and your team will leverage these insights to effectively partner with central teams and influence the global and regional growth strategy. As such, you are responsible for ensuring that implementation of central channels reflects your latest local commercial priorities, competitive landscape and customer insights. Critically, you are also accountable for expert localisation of the regional marketing strategy and delivering on-the-ground execution of the highest standard. Overall, you will drive demand generation campaigns and leverage the broader company ecosystem to engage existing customers and drive weekly active customers. Throughout, you will adopt a test-and-learn approach to continuously enhance executional impact and efficiency. You will also seek innovative opportunities to drive positive commercial impact and create “cut-through” in your channels.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage, support and optimize local marketing team structure and ways of working to run marketing efficiently and effectively
- Lead and coordinate cross-functional projects to execute the regional marketing strategy, working closely with Regional Marketing, country management and central teams to hit commercial targets
- Ensure a deep understanding of the local market proposition to enhance regional and global marketing strategy, creative and comms and run impactful marketing activities at a country level
- Deliver integrated, 360-degree marketing campaigns through the management of local marketing budget, implementing global frameworks locally, engaging Regional Marketing and central teams on the most efficient activities to fuel growth across channels
- Monitor and share business growth indicators, recognising trends, troubleshooting issues and proactively identifying opportunities to accelerate growth
- Embrace test-and-learn to demonstrate incrementality and ROI of marketing spend
- Share learnings, best practice and campaign results to constantly raise the bar across the organisation to deliver best-in-class marketing
- Think innovatively to find solutions to overcome growth-limiting challenges. Champion the customer, whilst working collaboratively and cross-functionally with local country management (commercial, ops, comms) and HQ teams (Growth, Product, BI, Comms)
What we’re looking for
- Master's degree in related field (Marketing, Business, or Communication) or equivalent;
- Strong English proficiency,
- Extensive online and offline marketing, with proven ability to successfully develop and execute major integrated, multi-channel, customer-centric campaigns
- B2C marketing knowledge required; fluent in all aspects of the marketing mix - including brand, media buying, design, social media, content marketing, events and sponsorships
- Relevant experience in coordinating and/or leading projects from A to Z with short deadline
- Great analytical skills; demonstrated success using data to make decisions that deliver results. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to drive alignment amongst multiple stakeholders across levels for solutions to complex, multi-faceted problems
- Growth mindset and a bias towards test-and-learn approaches
- Experience at a top-performing retail/eComm/tech/FMCG company preferred