The Planning & Analytics team sits within the Rider Operations team, and is responsible for the performance and efficiency of the delivery network across multiple markets - this includes rider planning, logistics, incentives and rider fee pricing. Deliveroo’s on-demand operations are incredibly complex with a lot of moving parts, so it will be your job to use your skills in data and analytics to unpick these moving parts and provide strategic solutions to unlock growth and profit.
What you’ll be doing
As an Operations Analyst within the Planning & Analytics team, you will be responsible for designing and using frameworks to make decisions that will positively impact the delivery network. You’ll be directly responsible for improving the reliability, availability and efficiency of the network in a number of our European cities. Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring the performance of our delivery network, and pulling on levers in real-time to improve the reliability of the network.
- Ensuring a sufficient supply of riders on the road to meet demand, by executing and improving on our existing rider supply frameworks.
- Working within a budget, allocating spend to maximise the efficiency of the network.
- Working closely with local Planning & Analytics teams across Europe on selected projects to produce standardised solutions to ensure strategic objectives are met.
- Provide analytical support to the wider Rider Operations team.
- A University Degree or equivalent experience, with an analytical mindset.
- Comfortable with Excel/Google Sheets and have a passion for detail and data crunching.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can easily adapt to change.
- Strong team player but can work autonomously.
- Willing to work in a shift pattern schedule, which will include evenings or weekends.
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience with Python, SQL or other analytical tools (Looker, Tableau).
- Ability to speak another European language, preferably French, Italian or Spanish.
- This role would be suitable for graduate entry.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.