When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
We are looking for a CRM and Content Associate to join our team based in our Brussels office.
As CRM & Content Marketing Associate within the Belgian Marketing team, you will be looking after all content related topics, and owning our CRM channel. You will be the owner of our Tone of Voice, Brand guidelines and define the perfect strategy to successfully communicate with our target audiences, but also execute your plans and report on the results / performance. You are the voice of our customer.
For CRM, you’ll implement and drive our local CRM strategy that ultimately leads to increased engagement and overall increased value to both the customer and Deliveroo. CRM is a core pillar of our Marketing strategy in order to drive customer retention and acquisition. A key aspect of this role will be to ensure that customers receive a consistent, coherent experience across all areas of CRM channels (e-mailing, in app elements) , campaigns and initiatives. You will work closely together with your colleagues in the Marketing and Sales teams to ensure all Deliveroo (partner) campaigns are supported with the right e-mailings and in-app elements. You will also work together with the Central CRM team on our Lifecycle campaigns, for which you will check and validate the content.
Successful candidates will possess superior project management skills and a natural ability to think strategically to solve business problems. A self-starter, he/she will partner consultatively with the different stakeholders and departments within Deliveroo, proactively identifying ways to support projects and campaigns. This role reports to the Head of Marketing.
What you will be doing
- Yearly Calendar: Manage a yearly CRM to ensure that the right content is being developed at the right time, maximizing engagement
- Campaign management: Create, manage and evaluate effective and impactful CRM campaigns, and ensure all campaigns contain the right message for our audience
- Data analysis: Plan and evaluate campaigns based on internal and external data, in order to maximize performance and improve campaign effectiveness
- Localization: Work together with the Central CRM team to ensure our Lifecycle e-mailings, and product translations contain the right content, messaging and offers.
- Stakeholder management: Work closely with the different departments within Deliveroo (Marketing, Sales, PR & CRM), driving the right content from all sides
- Strategic planning and project management: manage different projects at the same time, always keeping the overview and defining the right priorities
- 2+ years minimum marketing experience
- CRM management experience
- Project management expertise and an ability to seamlessly handle competing demands and prioritise effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in Dutch and English OR French and English (trilingual would be a plus)
- Growth mindset, bias towards collaboration and strong problem-solving skills
- Highly proactive, with an ability to set strategy and operate independently
- Bachelor’s degree required or strong relevant experience
Benefits and Diversity
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.