The role of Sales Lead is a great opportunity to become a critical member of a rapidly growing business in a competitive market. You’ll be responsible for building relationships with new restaurant partners in your area, improving our proposition for customers and identifying ways to continue our fast growth. This is an excellent role for an outgoing and commercial individual who enjoys building relationships.
As a Sales Lead you will:
- Lead, coordinate and mentor a team of 5-10 Business Development Manager in your area
- Work directly with the Head of Sales and other department leads to scale your territory supply effectively
- Facilitate meetings with high profile restaurant groups for new business and lead negotiations
- Periodically report on performance to senior management
Background and profile
- Bachelor degree / Master in Economics, Management, Business school
- a minimum of 2 years Commercial (Sales and/or Account Management) experience
- Comfortable with targeting new business and have proven sales experience in a fast moving environment
- Experienced negotiator and able to structure win-win deals for restaurants and for Deliveroo
- Commercially savvy individual who understands the economics of food delivery - for restaurants and Deliveroo
- Have great communication skills whether it be face to face, through phone or email
- Be able to persuasively demonstrate product and industry knowledge to clients
- Be able to take ownership and work within demanding targets
- Have an interest in all things food and restaurants
- Be tenacious and self-motivated
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.