The U.K. & Ireland is our domestic and most mature market. Functions include commercial,
operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such
a product, technology and consumer to deliver results for our customers.
The Operations Manager, On-Demand Grocery (ODG) sits within the newly created ODG
Operations Team reporting into the Head of ODG Operations. The ODG Operations team is
at the forefront of ensuring that Deliveroo strengthens its position as a leader in the online
food delivery market. You will help to build out the new function as Deliveroo continues to
cement itself in the ‘On Demand Grocery’ space.
You will be adept at working independently to diagnose, resolve and report on areas of
concern and at communicating proficiently with multiple stakeholders. You will be a subject
matter expert and executor, the authority on grocery operations. You will often be the
Operations voice in the room during meetings with key partners and your ability to influence
and deliver a clear message will be key.
Central to this role will be the ability to understand problems, test solutions to address them
and quickly determine how to scale them. This is an area where “silver bullets” are unlikely
to be found and a systematic approach to improvements will be the key.
What you’ll be doing
Operating at scale in a hyper competitive, hyper growth environment is no mean feat. As
such you'll be faced with some of the most exciting problems across the food tech space.
Working closely with the commercial organisation whilst collaborating with your peers in
delivery operations, your role is to be the subject matter expert on grocery operations at
Deliveroo with deep knowledge of the end to end fulfilment process.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the interests of customers, riders and grocery partners in every decision you
take to strengthen the business both now and into the future via a smooth logistics
- Proactively find areas for improvement, be innovative in seeking the best solution,
and execute in a timely and considered manner
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of how every action in Operations has second-
and third-order impacts and how to plan for that
- Take business priorities into account whilst delivering project workstreams to a very
- Positively impact the overall rider network through improvements driven by working
with large national grocery partners
- Attain the knowledge to represent the team in discussions with senior stakeholders
- Align the aims of your team with those of other functions within the business
- Tiertiary level education or equivalent experience in consulting, program
management or experience working in a high-growth start up/scale up
- Analytical - Able to identify the relevant information required to make a decision and
present that information in a concise, logical manner
- Communication - Able to develop good working relationships with key stakeholders,
influence, and attain the requisite buy in
- Inquisitive - Infectiously curious and happy to question the status-quo
- Organised - Always deliver the right work at the right time
- Project management - Comfortable handling multiple workstreams at the same time,
working both individually and as part of a team.
- Track record of ‘getting shit done’ - Operational knowledge of the business and how it
- Know when you have enough insight to make-a-call and apply the 80 / 20 rule – rapid
- Enjoy working in a fast changing, collaborative environment with ambitious targets
designed to disrupt a major global market
- Right to work in the United Kingdom
Preferred, but not required
- Experience within the grocery segment to include a thorough understanding of
operations and supply chains.
- Experience with forecasting and modelling.
- Working knowledge of data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Periscope).
SQL a plus
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most
interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re
very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even
encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits
change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea
has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are
solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular
team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their
welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family,
finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.