When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you’ll be doing…
The HR Operations Associate will be supporting a wide range of HR functions. The role will be ideal for someone who is looking to solid his / her C&B administration skillset, to learn different skills across a number of different areas within the HR function and who is excited about People, Employee Engagement and having a lot of fun!
- Support the people team to give clear, considered and concise advice on HR issues to employees and managers.
- Build an open, collaborative and positive relationships with employees and to develop a solid relationship with the global People team.
- Assist Head of People in implementation and administration of training and development activities, including training needs analysis, scheduling, vendor/venue sourcing, post training activities (i.e. evaluation, follow ups and training record maintenance).
- Support employee development initiatives like Teal talk, lunch and learn etc.
- Support C&B administration, including monthly payroll, MPF, leave management, company benefits and liaising with insurance vendors.
- Assist day-to-day HR operations including but not limited to staff onboarding and offboarding (including exit interview), staff probationary period tracking, visa status tracking and HR related letters preparation.
- Work closely with People operations team to ensure that employee information is accurate in all the systems timely, i.e. Workday, Greenhouse and Juro etc.
- Support HR process improvement projects and APAC regional / global people team initiatives (i.e. APAC exchange program, employee engagement, etc).
- Assist in ad-hoc tasks as required.
- 1-2 years working experience in HR, preferably with HR shared services experience
- Fresh Graduates with proven internship experience is welcome to apply
- Good command of verbal & writing in English and fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin
- Proficient in MS office applications / HR systems (knowing workday will be a plus)
- Strong communication skills and strong execution skills
- Attention to detail, team player and embrace a people mindset
- Comfortable with ambiguous
- High learning agility
- Have a real impact on the Company's growth and evolution
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- Standard health and dental insurance coverage
- Monthly exercise subsidy
- BIG Friday lunches - Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Deliveroo PLUS – never pay the delivery fee when you order food!
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.