Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you’ll be doing…
This role is a great opportunity to get exposure to a high-paced startup and lead the sales initiative for Hong Kong. The business development team are the backbone of our business, the hunters who are out there in the weeds constantly eating food and signing up the best new restaurants in town to partner with us. This is a role for a bright, motivated, organised self starter to develop their sales career for a leading company within its market sector.
- Prospect, pitch and close new restaurants in the territory via cold calls, walk ins, and in person meeting
- Prepare sales and pitch materials to communicate with potential restaurant partners
- Ensure the restaurants are on boarded and set up for success on the Deliveroo platform
- Exceed ambitious volume & quality targets while maintaining a solid pipeline of restaurant partners
- Support on the strategy, creation and execution of sales Initiatives to drive performance
- 5-7 years of sales experience, ideally in an environment where you have to deal with multiple clients
- Experience in recruiting, training, and coaching a team
- Self-driven, with a proven sales record, ideally having worked with F&B / Grocery / eCommerce industries in the past
- Ability to persuasively demonstrate product and industry knowledge to clients
- Be tenacious and motivated by targets
- Strong commercial acumen and desire to innovate and find new ways to grow the business
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information
- Knowledge of sales pipeline management
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Monthly Monday breakfast & Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Monthly gym allowance
- Additional leave days for years of service
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around. #CMR #LI-CN1