Revenue Operations Manager - Commercial Incentives
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Why Revenue Operations?
To say RevOps is a hot topic is an understatement. It’s transforming the sales industry as we know it……and at Deliveroo it’s no different.
As we reflect on the challenges behind us and how to position ourselves for the future, RevOps is paving the path forward. But a successful strategy doesn’t happen by accident. It takes building a solid foundation, strong business partnership and a few key elements to move into this new innovative space.
The role sits within our Rev Ops team, reporting to the Global Director of Revenue Operations and will be responsible for standardising the Commercial Commission Plans and Incentives across our Sales and Account Management teams globally.
You will work with our local markets to define commercial teams’ KPIs and commission plans that appropriately reflect Deliveroo’s business goal and financial objectives.Taking requirements from local commercial teams and various central stakeholders you will be creating a best in class Commission and Incentive programmes to drive commercial outcomes.
It is a hands-on role initially building the incentive scheme documents and creating commission calculators and performance dashboards. The role holder will transition the calculation from local markets to the Revenue Operations team to improve accuracy and improve governance.
What you'll be doing:
- Working within the Revenue Operations team, serving as a primary support resource relating to commissions
- Administer the commissions tooling, including maintaining and developing commission plans, workflows, and maintaining data integrity
- Become the subject matter expert for the commissions and incentivesl, keeping abreast of subject matter trends and how they can refine and improve the internal processes
- Liaise with the broader Revenue Operations team, Commercial, Finance and People teams to ensure accurate end-to-end workflow and reporting
- Own the monthly and quarterly calculation of all commission plans, and own related inquiries from the Go-To-Market organisation
- Ensure data quality and consistency in the commission tool
- Develop reporting related to commissions, helping to identify areas for improvement in the design of the commission plans
- Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders to design and model new commission plans
- Report and control the wider commissions and incentive cost line and report variances
- The role holder in collaboration with our IT partners will be responsible for driving the transition to the next generation of commissional calculation at Deliveroo from Spreadsheets to the Xactly Incent ICM system and integrating with Salesforce CRM and our HR System Workday
- Partner with Human Resources and commercial leads to review commercial incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce commercial strategy, and align with central and local market commercial objectives
- Create control around the use of SPIFFs and gamification to drive results
- 8+ years experience within Sales Commission or Incentives in a Sales / Revenue Operations or Finance Team
- Experience administering a commissions solution, preferably Xactly Incent CM
- Understanding of Sales & Account Management roles and behaviour in order to drive improvements in plan design
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, pragmatic, commercial, highly analytical, clear communicator, comfortable with ambiguity
- Excel at solving unstructured problems
- Able to lead cross-functional teams without authority
- Evidence of strong analytical skills
- Ability to network internally to create solutions where none exist.
- Successful track record operating, partnering with and influencing stakeholders.
- Experience building, developing and managing commercial compensation programs and plans and their psychological and practical application in a high growth commercial environment.
- Advanced Excel and SQL skills desirable use of Snowflake and Looker is a plus
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.