At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
As Head of Regional Operations you’ll be a senior member of our London-based Global Delivery Operations team, reporting into the Head of International Operations. You’ll become an expert in how we supply the right number of riders on the road, the delivery performance of our cities, and the engagement and sentiment of our rider fleet. And through this you’ll have the opportunity to help build a market-winning delivery proposition to customers, riders and restaurants across a selection of our non-UK geographies.
This role will involve working very closely with the Head of Ops and GM in each of these markets to define our strategy and design a plan to deliver it, as well as on day-to-day performance and tactical decision-making. This is about getting to understand the intricacies of each market, really getting to know the teams there, and enabling a route to a strong position in the market.
What you’ll be doing
- Act as a key point of contact for Heads of Ops and GMs
- Work with Heads of Ops to understand, challenge and improve operational performance
- Anticipate and troubleshoot issues, drawing in support from other central teams to prevent or mitigate these
- Advocate on behalf of the markets and represent their needs with Tech, Finance, Rider Services, Rider Lifecycle, Comms, Ops Strategy & Planning teams. In return, be the key contact for these teams for inbound queries about our local markets.
- Roll-out major multinational projects and highlight innovations that we might want to replicate elsewhere
- Work with Policy counterparts to understand and respond to local market regulatory environments
- Experience in executing large scale operational improvements, preferably across multiple geographies
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus among multiple stakeholders in an entrepreneurial, high-expectation environment
- Resourceful, action and detail-oriented, with a high ownership mindset to deliver measurable impact
- Experience in bringing clarity and alignment through excellent written and verbal communication
Preferred but not essential:
- Operational knowledge of the industry or similar industries
- Experience working in a complex regulatory environment
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.