The mission of the Performance & Reporting team is to create and monitor the standards by which the Customer Care & Partner Operations team operates, which includes delivering great service to our customers across the three-sided marketplace (customers, restaurants, and riders). The central Customer Care & Partner Operations team is expanding rapidly and the Performance & Reporting team needs to mirror this growth in order to provide outstanding support to our Customer Care teams. We currently cover twelve markets across Europe, the Middle East, South East Asia and Australia.
Key to this expansion is an immediate need for a Senior Manager to manage this function within the department. This person would be responsible for providing insights to drive continuous improvement , the reporting of all department KPIs from a data pipeline management perspective, conducting weekly and monthly business reviews, and analysing data to identify performance improvement opportunities and enable strategic decisions.
We need somebody who can hit the ground running; a self-starter who is comfortable in creating action-oriented insights and driving cross functional collaboration to reach performance targets and would relish the opportunity to build trust in our data across the business. This role is based in our London office.
- Build and maintain robust KPIs, set and monitor targets for in-house and outsourced partner teams
- Support the quarterly planning process for the Performance team, set OKRs, conduct root cause analysis
- Define success for customer care and partner operations, measuring it in business reviews and holding both our outsourced partners, in-house markets and agents to account.
- Provide insightful, high-quality analysis to support decision making in the context of wider business decisions.
- Perform qualitative/quantitative analysis to drive continuous improvement; produce development plans by identifying pain points and areas for optimisation within the customer journey.
- Prepare standalone BI reports or data sets which feed into wider projects by working across a broad range of data sets from operational MI, customer satisfaction surveys, volume and staffing forecasts, compensation, and other relevant data.
- Primary responsibility for building and maintaining trusted and accurate data sets to enable operational insights for the internal Customer Care team as well as across the business, working closely with Data Science to ensure accuracy
- Line management responsibility for ~10 Analysts and Analytics Engineers
- Develop and maintain great stakeholder relationships within Deliveroo, and with our external customer care partners
- Experienced People Manager and leader, able to build, encourage and lead a team. 5+ years line management experience preferred; indirect management of outsourced WFM teams is desirable
- Excellent analytical reasoning, able to identify insights and develop hypotheses, and recommend the data and analytical processes to meet requirements
- A blend of technical expertise and great interpersonal and communication skills to clearly present ideas, theories, and technical information to Senior Management and Operations
- Proven track record of creating strong, collaborative relationships with customer care operations, external partners, and across function
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is essential
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience with Snowflake and Looker is desirable
- 2-3 years’ experience as a Business Analyst in a contact centre environment is desirable
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.