Delivery-only kitchens have never been higher profile, or more valuable for improving service and selection for customers. Deliveroo Editions were the world’s first delivery-only kitchens, and we are still the market leaders in helping our restaurant partners succeed.
The Kitchen Assistant role covers a wide range of tasks across the Editions site. You will be responsible for ensuring that the site is clean and that our partners have clean smallwares to use when they need them. You will be supporting the wider operation of the site to ensure that our customers receive the best quality food as quickly as possible from our partners.
This is a new role for opening the site at 9am with a projected shift of 4 hours. You would have 2 days off per week, usually split across the week. Occasional requests for closing shifts might be asked.
A key part of this role surrounds your ability to be able to support in various areas when required to ensure the site performs to the expected standard. There is also the opportunity for further training and development within other aspects of the business.
Duties will include:
- Opening the site, ensure that the site is safe, secure, clean, maintained and supplies are replenished
- Ensuring that the cleanliness of the site is maintained to a high standard by cleaning as you go throughout the shift as well as regular deep cleaning of various equipment throughout the week
- Keeping the partners smallwares clean and available for use throughout the shift via the potwash
- Working alongside the Site Manager and Assistant Manager to maintain and deliver high standards on site.
- Regular checks of the site with any safety or maintenance concerns flagged to the Management Team
- Running orders, when required, from the kitchens to the dispatch area
- Assisting with the dispatching of orders to the riders and resolving any issues.
- We operate everyday of the week including weekends.
- Trained to Food Safety level 2 as a minimum or level 3 (training provided if required).
- Some experience with tackling small maintenance issues
- Good level of English, both spoken and written. Other languages such as Portuguese, Spanish or Romanian would be seen as a benefit.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- A good IT skills.
- Proactive and able to take initiatives
- First Aid training ideal (training provided if required)
- Fire Marshal training ideal (training provided if required)
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on any order you make)
- Subsidised gym membership, cycle to work scheme, private pension and so many more benefits
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- Progression scheme within the company.
- Annual Bonus Scheme
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.