Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Hop, Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
Deliveroo Hop launched in September 2021 and is Deliveroo’s speedy grocery delivery service. Our mission is to deliver groceries to customers around the world in as little as 10 minutes - from the weekly shop, to a last minute dinner party or a late night snack. Working with trusted grocers, Deliveroo Hop promises to bring customers the very best products at lightning speed.
The team behind Deliveroo Hop are building a network of stores across London, the UK and International markets. Each delivery store is staffed with a team who have been specially trained to manage the operations efficiently as well as pick and pack orders in record time, with Deliveroo’s 100,000 strong rider network completing all deliveries.
We’re looking for people with an exceptional drive and entrepreneurial spirit to join the team at Deliveroo Hop and help us build the leading speedy grocery delivery service. Hungry to win? This is an exciting time to join the Deliveroo HOP team within the broader Deliveroo organisation - we’re only just getting started!
The role of the Warehouse Assistant Manager is to support the Warehouse Manager in driving the highest performance possible within their Warehouse. This includes maximising customer satisfaction, striving to achieve optimum productivity, maintaining strong stock accuracy and tightly controlling inventory and minimising all wastage.
The Warehouse Assistant Manager must also maintain a positive and cooperative working environment for all colleagues, develop and train team members to the highest standard, and ensure at all times that their area of Operation is following all H&S policies.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead in accordance with the Deliveroo values and ensure your team follows suit
- In the absence of the Warehouse Manager will assume all responsibilities from their job role
- Develop, train and motivate all employees to achieve ambitious targets
- Ensure the correct hours logged for all employees
- Demonstrate operational excellence by meeting KPI targets
- Conduct regular stock counts and inventory checks to ensure loss is minimal
- Supervise rotation to ensure food wastage is avoided
- Ensure a well maintained warehouse and authorising repairs as needed
- Assume responsibility for ensuring that the correct policies, procedures and protocols are in place to ensure we operate at the highest standards of food safety
- Be responsible for ensuring compliance with all Health & Safety and Due Diligence measures in place for their operation
- Carry out regular Health & Safety checks , including completion of all monthly audits
- Ensure sites are well maintained to reduce the need for repair works
- Resolve all customer complaints promptly to retain customer loyalty
- Maintain good relations to uphold Deliveroo’s positive reputation with all external parties, e.g.neighbours, landlords, contractors
- Liaise with your various counterparts across the business to improve overall operational performance
- Minimum 2 years of managerial experience in a fast paced environment
- A good understanding and track record in managing and influencing KPIs and business performance
- Great knowledge of food safety & health and safety compliance requirements
- Can demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Flexible working schedule to be able to work over evenings and weekends
- Tech-savvy and comfortable working with technology
- Be able to work under pressure and a consistent ‘can do, never give up’ attitude
- Being proactive with great problem solving skills and ability to think on your feet.
- First Aid training ideal (training provided if required)
- Right to work in the UK
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.