Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Hop, Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
Deliveroo Hop launched in September 2021 and is Deliveroo’s speedy grocery delivery service. Our mission is to deliver groceries to customers around the world in as little as 10 minutes - from the weekly shop, to a last minute dinner party or a late night snack. Working with trusted grocers, Deliveroo Hop promises to bring customers the very best products at lightning speed.
The team behind Deliveroo Hop are building a network of stores across London, the UK and International markets. Each delivery store is staffed with a team who have been specially trained to manage the operations efficiently as well as pick and pack orders in record time, with Deliveroo’s 100,000 strong rider network completing all deliveries.
We’re looking for people with an exceptional drive and entrepreneurial spirit to join the team at Deliveroo Hop and help us build the leading speedy grocery delivery service. Hungry to win? This is an exciting time to join the Deliveroo Hop team within the broader Deliveroo organisation.
Deliveroo Hop has ambitious expansion plans, both in the UK and Internationally. Key to this expansion is the ability to design, build and manage sites that are optimised for efficiency.
The Space Planning Manager will be responsible for space and merchandising across all Hop sites globally. The role will be part of the Hop Operations team but will work closely with the Real Estate, Category Management and In-Stock Management teams.
We need an ambitious leader who can hit the ground running; a self-starter who is comfortable in creating and implementing scalable procedures from scratch, and who would revel in the opportunity to make a significant mark on the business.
- Design and develop space management capabilities with our tech team, such as planogram functionality
- Own the overall layout of sites from a ‘product capacity’ perspective and work closely with Real Estate and Construction teams to ensure that we have the optimal infrastructure and layout design in sites
- Be accountable for zoning of products (i.e. hot zone and cold zone, volumetric batching etc.) and all associated processes
- Work with Category Management team to define and implement the range review process
- Work with the In-Stock Management team to define optimal shelf fill approaches, include the use of Shelf Ready Packaging
- Ownership of site compliance to Planogram
- Define and develop key metrics for space utilisation
- 8+ years experience in Space Planning Management at large retailer
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities, with the ability to work effectively with people in different teams across the business
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities
- Entrepreneurial mindset - comfortable in a highly ambiguous and fast paced environment, able to take responsibility from day one and work independently by following processes and own directions
Benefits and diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.