Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Hop, Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
Deliveroo Hop launched in September 2021 and is Deliveroo’s speedy grocery delivery service. Our mission is to deliver groceries to customers around the world in as little as 10 minutes - from the weekly shop, to a last minute dinner party or a late night snack. Working with trusted grocers, Deliveroo Hop promises to bring customers the very best products at lightning speed.
The team behind Deliveroo Hop are building a network of stores across London, the UK and International markets. Each delivery store is staffed with a team who have been specially trained to manage the operations efficiently as well as pick and pack orders in record time, with Deliveroo’s 100,000 strong rider network completing all deliveries.
We’re looking for people with an exceptional drive and entrepreneurial spirit to join the team at Deliveroo Hop and help us build the leading speedy grocery delivery service. Hungry to win? This is an exciting time to join the Deliveroo Hop team within the broader Deliveroo organisation.
Deliveroo Hop has ambitious expansion plans, both in the UK and Internationally. Key to this expansion is the ability to design, build and manage sites that are optimised for efficiency.
You will be adept at working independently to diagnose, resolve and report on areas of concern and at communicating proficiently with multiple stakeholders. You will be a subject matter expert and executor, an authority on site operations. You will often be the site operations voice in the room during meetings with key partners and your ability to influence and deliver a clear message will be key. Central to this role will be the ability to understand problems, test solutions to address them and quickly determine how to scale them.
We need an ambitious self-starter who can hit the ground running, is comfortable in creating and implementing scalable procedures from scratch, and would revel in the opportunity to make a significant mark on the business.
- Data-driven insight: Provide analytical, data-driven insight to support decision makers inside and outside Deliveroo; Understand underlying drivers of performance
- Analytical rigour: Structure and process data to identify key opportunity areas and outliers, and visualise the analysis in a digestible manner
- Operational improvement: Conduct detailed analysis to understand how we can improve site operations in each of our markets. Translating this into actionable insights and working with our global teams to deliver best-in-class service to our customers
- Influencing to action: Deliver crisp compelling communications and stakeholder engagement to move stakeholders at all levels to action
- Project management and execution: Set clear plans and scalable processes to achieve milestones across markets, supporting the local Deliveroo teams to achieve those goals; Build structured reporting and overall robust process around operational success
- Cross team collaboration: Champion the priorities of our partners when working with both local and central teams to ensure we are providing the best service and value across product, marketing and operations
- 1-2 yrs of data analysis experience in an analytical, strategic or commercial role; related industry experience (FMCG, Grocery, or Logistics) is a plus
- Excellent Excel and SQL skills, and familiarity with using BI software (Tableau, Looker or similar)
- Excellent at using data to produce analysis and reports to drive decision making
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to communicate complex findings to non-technical audiences in a clear, simple way, both written and verbally.
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities, with the ability to work cross-functionally
- Entrepreneurial mindset - comfortable in a highly ambiguous and fast paced environment, able to take responsibility from day one and work independently by following processes and own directions
Benefits and diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.