We’re in the business of delivering awesome meals into everyone's home or office – fast.
We achieve this by building and running a superb website, suite of mobile apps, a complex logistical platform, a fleet of passionate drivers, and a global operation, all to help bring great food from the world's best-loved local restaurants to consumers with an unparalleled level of convenience. We don’t want people to have to suffer with bad takeaway delivered an age after they order.
In this role, you’ll be helping the hospitality industry grow as a member of the Restaurants Technology team that’s responsible for building the best food delivery platform for our restaurant partners.
The role is responsible for supporting integrations across multiple parties including restaurant partners, external technology providers, account managers, business stakeholders and product teams to ensure smooth operations, successful resolution of issues and a seamless partner experience.
This is a great opportunity to work as part of our Integrations Team reporting into Product, alongside a diverse set of disciplines in a fast-changing environment that is integral to driving success as we grow.
What you’ll do:
- Take ownership of incidents & API integration issues, apply technical troubleshooting & triaging skills to identify root cause, recover services & document resolution methods.
- Set up monitoring & alerting tools to proactively address technical issues before they escalate.
- Run monitoring reports for usage, performance, and/or availability. Leverage technical dashboards and documentation to resolve queries and issues.
- Contribute to reporting and measurement of partner support performance.
- Manage communication channels with external partners & internal stakeholders to ensure updates are shared in a timely manner.
- Manage expectations regarding estimated response times for issue resolution.
- Leverage and improve API documentation for partners to help them self-serve and resolve integration questions and issues.
- Collect, filter & provide Product feedback to relevant internal teams.
- Act as a champion and source of knowledge for integrations across the business, supporting business stakeholders with advice and insight.
- Document solutions for knowledge-base and bring new ideas for innovation and automation excellence into the Support team.
What we’re looking for:
The right candidate will have experience providing support to businesses in a technical capacity.
- 4+ years of experience providing technical support for SaaS platforms or API-based web integrations
- Good working knowledge of API integration principles (especially REST APIs). Ability to understand and communicate integration concepts to non-technical users.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and use relevant tools (e.g. Postman, Datadog) to investigate incidents and formulate resolution.
- Experience developing SLA & tracking metrics.
- Experience creating dashboards & reports using ITSM toolset (Jira ServiceManagement preferably).
- Excellent ability to learn and articulate software-related and technical concepts.
- Experience rolling out 24/7 support models.
- Experience using Jira ServiceManagement platform.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits And Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.