Working in Deliveroo’s Finance Technology team, you will be responsible for overseeing, designing and developing ERP related technical customizations and integrations. NetSuite is our core Finance system and it is supplemented by additional applications focused on specific tasks performed or managed by the Finance team. NetSuite is not the only system in the Finance landscape and thus close coordination and integration with other teams and tools is very frequent.
The Tech Lead will:
- Act as the owner of technical work being developed in NetSuite or in connection to NetSuite.
- Coordinate the work of the offshore 3rd party development team and ensure any issues are resolved and project related work is finished in a timely manner and to the required quality.
- Report on Technical Debt
- Ensure development is following best practices and customizations are designed to be re-used where possible
- Proactively monitor upcoming product changes
- Be the point of contact for Technical questions in regards to NetSuite.
- Provide a point of escalation for technical questions and issues.
- Report on the status of all issues and projects that require technical work, manage the workload of the development team and manage expectations .
- Work with Tech Architect and Functional Consultants on designs and technical solutions.
- Work with Tech Architect and Integration Developers on designs and technical solutions of integrations.
- Manage environments, ensuring they are kept as close to the production environment as possible.
- Manage deployments through a controlled CI/CD process.
Key Personal Attributes
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage a smaller-sized team
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Strong communication skills, including effective listening and an ability to explain concepts in simple, clear terms
- Empathetic, with an ability to understand issues from an end user perspective
- Proven analytical skills with ability to tackle problems systematically to determine causes and produce effective solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple priorities
- NetSuite SuiteScript 2.0/2.1, Workflows
- NetSuite SDF
- Experience in Integrating NetSuite using REST and SOAP
- Experience of working with an offshore 3rd party service provider
- 4+ years of NetSuite technical related experience
- 2+ years of NetSuite technical work designing solutions and/or integrations
- Non-NetSuite related technical experience - other information systems
- Integration Middleware experience - Boomi, Mulesoft
- NetSuite Developer certification, or similar
- SCRUM Master certification or experience
- Business or IT Degree or equivalent
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
Our journey began with our founder Will, arriving in London and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite living in one of the world’s best cities for food. In 2013 he got on his bike and founded Deliveroo. Fast forward to today and Deliveroo can be found in 12 markets, with over 100,000 riders delivering orders from over 140,000 restaurants and stores serving millions of customers in hundreds of cities worldwide.
Delivering great food from restaurants is how we started, but isn’t our only offering. We pioneered the delivery-only kitchen model, Deliveroo Editions, where we use data to identify gaps in the market and bring new brands and cuisines to new areas, giving people more choice in their local neighbourhood. And using our network and technology we provide a growing on-demand grocery service, which has not only brought incredible levels of convenience to our customers but has been a lifeline to so many during COVID.
We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces, and we do this in real-time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds, and the algorithms behind our marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
There are so many questions we are working on and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do we give low income families access to affordable healthy meals? How do we tackle waste? How can we scale our network to tens of millions of orders a day? What does a future layout of a restaurant look like? How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we take what we know about a customer and offer a personalised selection?
At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
The size of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. Only 3% of the global food market is online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of other industries, such as from travel (45%) and retail (10%), and it is clear we are at the very beginning of our journey. Despite being one of the world’s fastest growing multi-billion dollar companies, we’re only just getting started.
We hope you’re as excited about the scale of the opportunity as we are and, if you share our ambition, that you’ll join us and be part of this incredible story.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation. We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.