Rider Relations Manager
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
The Rider Engagement team sits within the UKI Operations department and is focused on improving the experience of our riders, restaurants and customers through obtaining, understanding and acting on rider insight.
Deliveroo has recently announced a first-of-its-kind partnership agreement with the GMB union - the third largest union in the UK - covering our UK riders. This is a really exciting partnership, which will focus on strengthening rider wellbeing & promoting our existing rider benefits package.
From September 2022 the GMB will be recognised as the sole trade union for Deliveroo riders in the UK, meaning the GMB will be able to represent riders in certain situations.
As Rider Relations Manager you will be pivotal to the success of this agreement and long term partnership, ensuring we’re acting as a trusted and valued partner and building a positive working relationship with the GMB union based on trust and mutual respect.
You’ll act as a key point of contact for this partnership agreement, you’ll also speak with groups of riders from around the UK to gather their thoughts, opinions and feedback on what it means to be a Deliveroo rider.
You'll work closely with our UK Operations Director, Global Operations teams and our Central Communications, Policy and Legal teams as the day to day GMB union contact, you’ll also attend regular consultation meetings with the GMB union to discuss key rider based topics.
What you'll be doing
- Establishing and maintaining an effective working relationship with the GMB, based on mutual trust and respect
- Act as day to day contact for the GMB union, working across senior internal and external stakeholders and teams to build communication channels and strengthen the relationship
- Attend regular consultation meetings with the GMB, to discuss ways of working and ensure we’re delivering value as a partner. You'll work with Central Comms, Policy and Legal to set agendas and talking points, as well as source information and speakers where relevant
- Understand what’s important to riders and their experience working with the platform
- Experience in building successful professional relationships based on mutual trust
- Strong communication skills - able to know what to say in any situation, and to quickly build mutual respect and form relationships with people from all backgrounds
- Strong stakeholder management - be able to get buy-in from senior management and internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organisational skills - experience planning and attending meetings with lots of moving parts. Be able to indirectly manage others
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.