Global Operations Performance & Planning Associate
In this role you’ll be developing scalable solutions to some of the toughest and most exciting operational questions we must answer at Deliveroo. We are looking for an organiser and communicator to develop, iterate, and manage our growing list of global operational processes. This role is instrumental in building a scalable platform that allows our local and central operations teams to optimise and grow the rider network.
You will be working in a dynamic team with exposure to the COO, as well as senior Operations leadership around the world, and will report to the Global Performance & Planning (P&P) Senior Manager. We are growing fast, and this role offers the opportunity for rapid learning & progression for the right individual.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Work closely with Local, Central and Product teams in many areas of the business.
- Run the growing list of central processes in the Global Operations Planning & Performance team, and manage the reporting on business performance of the company and all our markets
- Help run ops in all countries through reporting (weekly/monthly), and provide guidance to local markets on managing performance against targets set by the business.
- Manage communication with markets that Deliveroo operates in across the globe, communicating regularly with local teams, fielding their questions, understanding their local context and problems.
- Liaise with relevant central stakeholders (Global Operations leadership, Product managers, Data science).
- Analyse and troubleshoot process issues and performance issues, with support from the rest of the Planning & Performance team.
You will work closely with the following stakeholders:
- Global Operations – to build scalable processes on the back of new analytical insights and solutions, and to run reports on these processes and general network performance on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Local Operations teams – to build close relationships, understand their local context and field their questions, so as to be able to run our processes and reporting in a way that adds value to all parties.
- Data Science – to partner with in running and amending the analytical infrastructure underpinning these processes.
- Product & Tech teams – to inform and influence the product roadmap as certain processes become fully automated and tech-driven.
Qualities we’re looking for
- ORGANISED AND RELIABLE: The growing list of processes and reporting mentioned above will be increasingly critical to the running of our rider network and therefore the achievement of our company-level operational goals. There will be multiple overlapping weekly, monthly and quarterly cadences to stay on top of and coordinate across multiple central and local stakeholders.
- COMMUNICATIVE AND COLLABORATIVE: To get buy-in and foster ongoing adoption and understanding, you will need to be in constant communication with local operational teams and relevant central stakeholders. You will need to understand and empathize with operational teams’ challenges and collaborate with them to set up processes in a way that lightens their load.
- ANALYTICAL: Deliveroo is heavily data-driven, and especially so in Delivery Operations. You will have to understand and adopt new analytical insights and solutions to be able to build processes that generate lasting impact, working with Data Science as necessary. You will also have to troubleshoot process and performance issues that arise from the day-to-day running of the rider network.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 2-3 years of experience in a consulting firm, consulting arm of audit firms or global project management function within a top-tier corporate firm
- Has a deep desire to solve novel real-world problems and build well-organised and impactful ways of working
- Can independently manage multiple concurrent processes with weekly/monthly/quarterly cadences
- Experience as a Business Analyst/Associate (or equivalent) in a consulting firm or in the PMO function of a top-tier corporate firm
- Strong communication skills with the ability to empathise with and influence others
- Solid spreadsheet skills e.g. pivot tables, SUMIFS, INDEX MATCH
- Ability to prepare clear and concise documentation and slides
- Knowledge of core SQL
- Experience in a scale-up/ tech environment
Note: this role is London-based (remote working from overseas is not possible)
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.