Senior Finance Project Manager
Deliveroo Finance is delivering a transformation programme to ensure the teams, processes and systems across Finance are optimally configured to best support the company in the execution of its strategy to achieve growth and profitability. The role will report into the Finance Programme Director and will be tasked with supporting the project management of systems, data and process for a number of projects within this programme as well as being a key member of the Finance Projects team.
What you’ll be doing
- Initiating complex projects, confirming feasibility and establishing budgets, teams and resources
- Setting goals and objectives, defining roles and producing schedules and timelines
- Leading and motivating project teams from both internal and external stakeholders organisations and managing the production of the required deliverables
- Working with our Tech partners, Product Managers, Engineering Managers and third party suppliers to deliver project outcomes
- Managing project risks including the development of contingency plans
- Monitoring overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary
- Reporting through agreed lines on project progress
- Liaising with key project owners to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project
- Maintaining an awareness of potential interdependencies with other projects and their impact to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated
- Working with and managing expectations of Senior Finance and other business stakeholders
- Being part of the Finance Project function providing Project thought leadership, sharing best practice project approaches and line managing Finance Project Managers
- Experienced in Project Management across multiple areas
- Knowledge of a Project Management methodology such as PRINCE2
- Big Picture Vision - to zoom out from what is currently done and see why it is we need to do it. Able to quickly draw parallels and consolidate activities from diverse activities.
- Analytical Mindset - to break down monolithic problems into clearly distinct and digestible issues and then identify options to resolve them
- Stakeholder Partnership - to engage, influence and excite a varied team from across multiple business units and help instil a joint feeling of ownership and pride in any transformations
- Project and Change Champion - to appreciate good but pragmatic project delivery practice and the importance of managing change to ensure successful implementation
- Effective Communicator - to build and sustain effective communications with other roles involved in the project including establishing a good working relationship with the Sponsor
- Flexible approach - tailor expert knowledge to meet specific circumstances
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.